Missing Star body

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing Star body

Hi guys,.. I recently picked up a 1982 Charvel neck with matching plate #1171 from the original owner here in San Diego,... The owner told me that the guitar was a black and orange stripe Star body,...Years ago his brother had the guitar and a friend wanted to buy just the body.....well the brother sold it... The guy that bought it now lives in Tucson AZ...I found him on facebook, but he is not responding to my messages,... We don't know if he still has it or sold it years ago.... So If any of you by chance have a loose Star body with work order #1021 and plate #1171 writen in the neck pocket....lets talk... I would really like to restore this guitar back to original... Only photo we could find of the Star body is taken off a video screen capture,...The band name was Teazer, from San Diego. For some reason I cannot post photo's so here is a link to my Facebook album made public..... Hope the body and neck get back together...

Thanks
    Ruben

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

So the guitar in the video screen capture is the body with another neck then? Good luck tracking it down.
    2014 Jackson KEXMG - Gloss Black with Seymour Duncan Black winter
    Charvel Desolation Star DST-1 - Transparent Black
    Epiphone "1958" Korina Explorer - Ebony

Peavey 5150 II
    Peavey Valve King 4x12 Slant Cab

Comment

Yup....Its a sad story actually...The brother that sold the guitar has since passed away....all three guys grew up together, they where all close friends and even played in the same bands,...but years of not speaking to eachother I think has done its harm....They grew up wih the drummer from Pearl Jam, Mathew Camron,.... We have left messages for the guy, who is in a working country band in Tuscon AZ... but he is not getting back to us.... Even if he does not want to give it back or sell it back, or even if he sold it years ago,.. I was hopeing for some pictures so we can at least make a clone body.... Hopefully he has a heart and gives us some info on the body... And maybe someone on the board here lives in Tuscon, might know this guy.... Private message me If you think you know this guy... I don't want to put his name on here...not cool...

Comment

OMG. I remember that band name from my time growing up in San Diego. I shared your FB post with a friend who was playing around San Diego at that time and I'll see what he says.

Comment

Awesome....Thanks,..I can private message you the name of the guy..

Comment

What's the name of the guy? Maybe he's a member here.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

PM sent..👍

Comment

Got a response back and a photo,..sadley he sold it years ago,...So If you have seen this body, or know who might have it,..please pm me..
                Thanks

Comment

Glad you got some info back. My FB friend has yet to respond to me about this.

Comment

Are those Versatel stripes?
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Just pray to whatever higher power you belive in that Chris Holmes has not gotten a hold of it!
                      Best of luck in your search!
                      I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Working...
                      X