What did I just buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What did I just buy?

Hello all. Sorry for jumping right in and asking stupid questions but I just bought this Jackson from the pawn shop and know nothing about them. I can't find a serial number that is just 8 digits long. All the ones I see have a - between the numbers mine does not. Anyway, I bought it because it was only $75 with an amp and it has incredible action and smoking hot pups. So I guess you could say I don't care so much what it is worth because I love how it plays and sounds and that is all that matters to me. I'm just curious as to what model, is there a reason the head stock points up not down? I assume it is a foreign made, Japan, China Korea etc. just wanting to know a bit about it since its a keeper as far as I'm concerned.

Oh, the amp is a Behringer

Thanks for any info you can give me.

Got the sticker off now got to get the painted lettering off.

Comment

My Jacksons: RR1 x2, RR Pro, Soloist Pro, RRXMG x2, SDX, JS32RR

Comment

2002 Indian made JS1 Dinky with what appear to be the original Jackson branded pickups.
        Entry level model, probably $150ish new.

They aren't toys, though. I have a 2011, Indian, $300/new, JS3 bass that I simply can't find a fault with after all these years.
        96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Oh, reverse headstocks are common among Jacksons.
          96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Working...
          X