Need some assistance with a Dinky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some assistance with a Dinky

Hi Everyone, I got this Jackson Dinky in a trade. Trying to find out what model it is, how much it is worth, ( I am not expecting much) and some help with what trem bar to get. Also, what gauge strings should I put on this, as I will be putting it back for sale as soon as I get it ready to rock.
    Thanks in advance.
    Ken
    Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.

Last edited by klk999; 01-21-2019, 11:16 AM.

Since your links are URLs that link to folders, you don't need the IMG tags. If you're linking something that has .JPG or other image extension at the end, then the IMG tags would work.

Looks like a JS30DK with swapped (chrome to black) hardware and swapped knobs (chrome dome knobs switched to black speed knobs).

Comment

Thanks. However, I am pretty sure the black hardware is original. The knobs most definitely are not original. I have some black dome knobs I can put on.

What I need right now is to know what kind of bar do I need. Will this fit the trem on this guitar? https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Black-6...LiJD:rk:2:pf:1
      Thanks

Comment

It is a JS30DK parts guitar. Based on the dot spacing, the neck is from a made in Japan JS30 from approx. 2001-2002.
        The neck plate is from an 2004 MII JS series guitar.
        The guitar never came with black hardware. Never came with Gibson style speed knobs either.

Someone obviously pieced this one back together. I noticed it doesn't have strap buttons either.
        Back of the headstock is a dead giveaway that this has had several hardware swaps. The multiple tuner lock screw holes make this fact obvious.

The trem is a JT-580 and uses a Schaller style trem bar.
        Shipped with 9-42 strings.
        -Rick

Comment

Working...
        X