Short scale fever. Must have

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Short scale fever. Must have

mm, that's nothin' bro, you should have seen me showing off with your (insert wife/daughter/sister/mother's name here). ! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
    Gotta get away from here.
    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Do you think maybe a Jackson FMIC employee could maybe let us know if a fusion is anywhere on the horizon, Import or USA don't matter to me. I'm tired of cruising ebay for fusions that have stripped out floyds and battered frets. I would very much like to buy a new one with some more up to date features and hardware that isn't broke. The fusion line was pretty limited in its day but the dinky has seen every conceivable in carnation that one could choose.
      There has never been a reverse headstock fusion, or a wilk trem loaded fusion, no fusions with direct mounted humbuckers.
      The maple fingerboard only made it on a few charvel fusions. I guess you could say I feel like Jackson has forgotten me.
      I play short scale because I like the feel and tone , and now because I have had injuries to my hands that have left me in severe pain when I play a 25 1/2 inch scales. Its not as bad when I play a short scale.
      [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I guess you could say I play with a lot of feeling [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      And I still have a drive to play out no matter what. Jackson has been my only guitar of choice for 15 years, and the last time I bought a new one was when they made a fusion HH with mahogony body.
      I don't have the money for a USA made custom shop model. And a Select is still out of my ballpark right now.
      (though I hope to reach that high someday)
      I can buy an import Jackson, so lets start there.
      Will somebody with Jackson reply with a sincere answer? [img]graemlins/help.gif[/img]
      An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
      A tooth for a tooth means we all eat through a straw.

Comment

I think it is pretty weird: lots of ppl love short scales (me included), so there is definately a market for it, but (for our markted) nor Jackson, nor Ibanez, nor ESP and there must be other alike brands, produces them. That is a really shame. actually my hands are just a tiny bit to small to play a 25,5 comfortable, my Gibson Les Paul does a better job in THAT regard (the scale length) so FUSION ALL THE WAY..... please

Harrald

Comment

Maybe Jackson found that it was too costly to make necks in different scales compared to the number of sales of the short scale guitars? Just a theory.

By the way, 750xls and Archtop Soloist Pros also have 24.75" scales, in case you're interested.

Comment

By the way, 750xls and Archtop Soloist Pros also have 24.75" scales, in case you're interested.
            Here is the problem with that. Have you priced these on ebay or most used inventories? They are $400 and up up and away.
            Plus they are found even less often then fusions. Plus you still have used up hardware issues alot of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750:
              mm, that's nothin' bro, you should have seen me showing off with your (insert wife/daughter/sister/mother's name here). ! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I did see that Joe and it was disgusting! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Can we get anybody from fender to comment?
                I'm on a personal quest to see a fusion or newer idea with a short scale. Something based on the soloist shape is a must.I like JT580's.
                The import SLS could be a short scale if you wanted to make one for us short scale folk.Remember the idea is to generate new guitar sales for FMIC. If you were to ignore this for to much more time you would be generating ebay sales, heaven forbid. I would buy 2 new ones right away if they were serious guitars.
                It doesn't have to be a jackson, it could be a charvel since they first came from charvel.

Come on Fender reply. [img]graemlins/help.gif[/img]

Comment

Holycross: I'm selling a few USA Fusions at the moment. One is in most excellent condition and none of the hardware is compromised. That was the good thing about the 1990 Fusions, the hardware was meant to last and the trems on mine are 100% operational and without flaw. Email me for details...

Joe
                  [email protected]
                  "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                  Gotta get away from here.
                  Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                  Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Save your pennys and just get a SLS Soloist

http://www.jacksonguitars.com/gear/g...no=SLS_Soloist

Comment

Working...