Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD incoming, my first Jackson!

Hi All,

I’m picking up my first Jackson guitar within this week still, very excited!
    I’ve been playing for a good 20 years now and although I play multiple genres, metal has always held a special spot.

I’ve been lusting after a Jackson Dominion for years, pretty much since it came out. Besides being a fan of Lamb of God/Mark Morton, I love the specs and overall look of the Dominion.

My go-to guitar is and will probably always be a tele but although it’s a swiss army knive in guitar land, it doesn’t quite cut it for metal in my opinion. I’ve had my share of les pauls(Gibbies, Esp’s) but for some reason I don’t really get along with them. The Dominion seems like a great alternative to me.

I stumbled upon a bourbon burst Dominion pro, made in Japan. Apparently one of the first runs since the neck is finished and it lacks the binding featured on the newer models. All original, in great shape and a very nice price though so I’m pretty stoked.

Assuming I will like it, I’m planning on getting a proper case for it and changing the pickups to the Dimarzio Dominions as I’ve heard/read many good things about it.

Pics will follow as soon as I’ve picked her up.

Tips regarding the case are welcome!

Should be killer guitar. Those bursts were my favorite finish.
    96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Welcome to the forum. That's a nice guitar you've got. I got a Bourbon Burst when they first came out in 2006, with case. Those fat necks are great, loved it. It's just so ergonomical to play sitting or standing. Sold it last summer to a forum member who was looking for one, since I wasn't playing it much and go through phases of not playing for awhile and rotating other guitars. Even had a Gibson TP-6 fine-tuning tailpiece on it at one time.

Does yours look like this? If it's lighter in color with a lot of yellow, then it's Old School Burst, as Jackson had the names of the finishes mixed up at one point.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	m4.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	2448865
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

nice. I've been wanting one since they first came out. I have a set of Dominions in a Jackson Fusion. I like 'em.
        Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
        X