mustaine isn't the only sell out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: mustaine isn\'t the only sell out

It's comments like those that reaffirm my faith in Fender's ownership! I wonder how many AKAI guys knew that...

Comment

The Jackson Concert bass I had for a while was really great, don't get me wrong. My only complaint about it was that the nut got a little worn out, and because the low-E went through at a backwards angle, I could actually make that string pop out of the nut (even tuned to pitch) if I wanted to.

My Spector NS2A was far and away the best bass I ever owned, though. Well, I say "far and away" but the Rickenbacker 2003 holds a special place in my heart, too. The Spector and the Concert had practically the same electronics setup (EMG's). If the Rick had that, it'd be pretty close with the Spector to being my favorite.

And although I've never owned a Carvin bass, the ones I've played were really nice.
      please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

Jackson makes an alright bass if thats what you want. Some people would argue that other companies make a better guitar, hence why you can buy so many different companies.

Hence why there are many different car manufaturers, (why are the foriegn ones better?)

I have a Fender 1974 P bass in my workshop, and it absolutley is a beaut.

Comment

Im getting ready to purchase a Jackson bass (Im excited) And, From what ive seen they dont look like crap..Infact it looks like one of the top basses of the used market. Must be just me.

Ox

(PS, I will tell you if the Spector basses beat it)

Comment

it's not just you camel, my custom shop bolt on is the best playing and sounding bass i have ever played.i'm using a 15 cab and have PLENTY of high end because of the electronics in the bass.
            The Truth Hurts Only If It's Supposed To !

Comment

How many of you have checked out the Anti-Gravity basses? Wait until you see the one we finished last week for a friend of Scott Ian ... AMAZING!

McD out
              \oo/. .\oo/ @ www.jacksonguitars.com

Comment

so you'll be posting pics then, McD?? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                Hail yesterday

Comment

I don't know how to post pictures. Send me your email address and I'll send them over!

McD

Originally posted by VitaminG:
                  so you'll be posting pics then, McD?? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

Comment

Brian:

I can post them for all to see, if you want.

Email the pics to me at: [email protected]

- E.
                    Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

McD I sent you a PM.
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

When I saw them last year he played only Fender 4 and 5 string basses. I got a chance to hang out with him backstage (and AL P. And Dave M too) and he was saying that he really liked Fender basses and also Gibson Thunderbirds in the studio. He had not been touring with any Gibsons. Only Fenders last time around. That was at Hammerstein Ballroom. He was really a great guy. Very personable. Who care what brand he is playing or ANYONE is playing for that matter. Do you buy a brand because it is endorsed by somebody???

[ November 02, 2003, 04:07 PM: Message edited by: Firebird V ]

Comment

you're right firebird, i wouldn't buy any bass just because somebody plays one. it's really about what feels best in your hands. i just hated to see it on the site like he never played jackson.hell, david probably has no control over the site. mcD, i'd like some of those pics too. [email protected]
                          The Truth Hurts Only If It's Supposed To !

Comment

Originally posted by Firebird V:
                            Do you buy a brand because it is endorsed by somebody???
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">If you are in a good tribute band you do. [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
                            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

"Tribute Band" = "Cover Band" taken too far. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Has anyone else heard that Mustaine is back in the studio (Nashville) with Vinnie Coliatu?

Comment

Working...
                                X