Kahler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kahler

Can someone tell me what happened to Kahler trem.?

Re: Kahler

Their parent company continues to make golf clubs. However, Kahler trems have ceased production. Possibly "Kahler" itself has ceased, as well? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Not sure.

BTW, we'll cut you some slack as a new member, but it's highly annoying to post the same thing in multiple threads.

Welcome to the board otherwise.

[ October 29, 2003, 09:41 AM: Message edited by: shreddermon ]

Comment

You guys want to know what happened to Kahler? And you're not sure why they're gone?! They dug their own grave...hello! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
      Gotta get away from here.
      Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
      Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

The thing that amazes me is that American Precision Metalworks, the company that made Kahler tremolos, was a huge company in the late 70's and early 80's making brass parts for all the big names as well as regular parts for almost all of the aftermarket parts companies. Yet they are still fairly unknown. It is like Schaller going out of business.

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750:
          You guys want to know what happened to Kahler? And you're not sure why they're gone?! They dug their own grave...hello! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] Yeah, trems being made of cams?!? Aren't they car parts? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          Kahler ended production once, concentrated on making golf clubs, came back to making trems for a brief period and stopped again. If they could only make a golf club trem arm, maybe it would give my dad an interest in playing the guitar. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Maybe they can be like Ping and make guitar parts and golf clubs at the same time [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by geir7777:
                Just wantet to put the question in the right forum, but now i realize you guys are all over the place!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">This is for Ron

It's spelled wanted
                [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
                Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

But you "new" what he ment.

Comment

Originally posted by 81Dimarzio:
                    But you "new" what he ment.
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] agreed, one Ron is enough!

Dave->
                    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Sorry about the multiple miss. I didnt quite figure out where i put it until it was to late.
                      Just wantet to put the question in the right forum, but now i realize you guys are all over the place!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      want happen again.promise!!!!
                      I actually visited Kahler`s website just a few month`s ago and i even had mail contact regarding their "flip top" lock nut, but now everything is gone......somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam:
                        Yeah, trems being made of cams?!? Aren't they car parts? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                        [/QB]
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well, springs are screendoor parts, which
                        both trems have! Wow, how funny! The fact is, the cams work, and in some ways the Kahler Pro is a superior design, in terms of setup, intonation and tuning. The Floyd is better for absolute abuse of
                        the trem, that's true, but the Kahler allows you to use techniques normally associated with a TOM or stringthrough bridge and remain in tune. The Floyd is
                        horribly unfit in these roles unless it's
                        blocked, which defeats the purpose of even having a floating trem.

The recent dsappearance (again) of Kahler
                        is a drag, but then again their parts prices were way too high considering they sould only sell complete sets. You need A saddle, you had to buy 6. I'll just get a couple parts trems off Ebay, but except for one seized and worn roller,
                        which Budman68 sent me a good one (Thanks
                        Dave! [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] ) my Kahlered guitars are in as good of shape as when I got them! You clean and oil the moving parts when you change the strings and they last
                        indefinitely.
                        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

My understanding is that we should see the Kahler site live again shortly. They will be kicking into production again. I'm not counting on it so I bought a few bridges recently.
                          I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Yes Tim, I happen to know you have a nice black flatmount on the way. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Hi,

I really don't understand all these rumours about Kahler International being out of business. They are not true. The Kahler Pro tremolos are back in full production and you should soon be able to order one. They will be availabe in both chrome and black. Scott Miller at Kahler International confirmed that the new Kahler website will be online soon so check back from time to time at
                              www.kahlerinternational.com

The Kahler Standard String Locks and the Kahler Deluxe String Locks will be availabe as well and in both chrome and black.

Kylix

Comment

Working...
                              X