Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel Model 4 Bridge

Hi,
    Forgive me if this has been asked before but I'm stripping down/fixing up my Model 4 (which I've had for +30 years!). I took out the bridge (which is the Jackson type) and noticed that the blades (?) are different. The bass side one is straight, the treble side is curved. I'm pretty sure this is the first time the guitar has been stripped down so assume it's meant to be like this. Anyone know why???
    Cheers

Straight knife edges mean that the tremolo can adapt to a broader range of trem post spacings, or possibly even imprecise trem post installation "hack jobs" (ie - the trem would be more forgiving if you install the trem posts slightly imprecisely). Other trems that have a straight knife edge are the Gotoh GE1996T, and the Takeuchi-made Ibanez Lo-TRS family of trems, seen below. Oddly enough, Takeuchi makes similar trems for Jackson (JT580LP) and their own OEM model (TRS) but neither of those have the straight knife edge like the Ibanez Lo-TRS. It must have been a specification that Ibanez specifically requested Takeuchi to do for them.

Last edited by Number Of The Priest; 03-30-2019, 09:52 AM.

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Working...
      X