Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jackson Rep Coming Tomorrow - Questions???

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jackson Rep Coming Tomorrow - Questions???

Can we get someone at Jackson to answer emails instead of someone from Fender who knows nothing about Jackson Charvel's?

Comment

81Dimarzio

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Can we get someone at Jackson to answer emails instead of someone from Fender who knows nothing about Jackson Charvel's?
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Uhhh, that my friend is a paradox. The people from Fender answering your emails are Jackson people. Give them some time to learn their new products.
      Brian

Comment

I would deffinately vote for more Short Scale Select Series Jacksons, such as the Fusion, but with a thicker neck like the Soloist, or a Soloist Short Scale Select with 1 Hum of course [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

Here's a example of what I mean! Jack, the 1-hum Soloist you want. Let's say Jackson was willing to offer a 24.75" scale as a option for an SL2H, and you could thus get it for say $1,400.

Now lets say that Jackson considers a 1-hum short scale Soloist as a Custom Shop option, and now you have to pay $2,500. Now that's $1,100 MORE for 1 hum LESS and a Custom Shop logo on the headstock. Would you at that point pay $1,100 more to have those features, or would you go for a shortscale SL2H?

Personally I would live with the extra pickup and no CS logo, and get the guitar
          in 90 days instead of 14 months, and maybe get a Carvin Custom Shop guitar with the extra $1,100. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] To each his own, but I think some basic hardware, headstock orientation, color and even scale length could be feasible with minimal upcharges. There are many things that I'd pay $200 - $300 for, that $1,000
          is out of the question. That's especially true when the option also causes you to wait 2 or 3 times as long
          for your guitar.
          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

When you put it that way, I am going to have to agree with you and get an SL2H Short scale and live with the extra pickup, $1000 in savings is too good to pass up. Now considering I want all mahogany body and neck,1 hum, and mabe get it in natural mahogany and only a volume knob and maybe more stuff, I may have to bone up and pay the piper, or get a standard SL2H short scale, put the difference back into a fund and keep saving, all the while enjoying teh first ss Soloist, my brain is starting to fry from all of this, but in a good way [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

I'll add this - we have some cool stuff coming out in January and will also have somethings not quite ready at that time, and they will be launched in the summer next year. There are options/models that might seem cool to you guys and seem like 'no-brainers' to me, but that doesn't mean anyone will buy them. For example the KE2T - a great guitar that nobody bought.

McD (aka "Fender Bastard") \oo/
              \oo/. .\oo/ @ www.jacksonguitars.com

Comment

Bah I was too late to get a new KE2T, i would love one of those.

Comment

KE1T ! KE1T ! KE1T ! KE1T ! KE1T ! KE1T !

lol sorry, got carried away.

Comment

http://www.guitarasylum.com/productp...2t_blf2001.htm

That one too....

Originally posted by audiophile:

lol sorry, got carried away.
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">
                    \oo/. .\oo/ @ www.jacksonguitars.com

Comment

McD - can you give us just a little hint as to what's coming in January 2004 ? I just ordered a custom that is basically a string-thru DK1. Is my custom going to be a standard next year ?

Comment

I would like to know what the hell is coming out, so I don't order a guitar from a local shop that just started carrying Jacksons, and then find something even better, and then oh god, Ill have to buy 2 guitars!

Comment

Originally posted by Deneb:
                          I would like to know what the hell is coming out, so I don't order a guitar from a local shop that just started carrying Jacksons, and then find something even better, and then oh god, Ill have to buy 2 guitars!
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">...heh, then i'd wait until february for new guitar purchases! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

sully
                          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                          Sully Guitars on Facebook
                          Sully Guitars on Google+
                          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

The biggest "no-brainer" ever is the Charvel/Jackson Star body. Geez!!!!! Charvel invented the darn thing and everyone else is copying it. That one would have to be a winner if brought back.

Comment

I doubt it. I haven't actually met anyone (aside from myself [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ) that thought the star body was anything but goofy looking. The Kelly Star did dick as far as sales, and I can't see them doing a star anytime soon. I would really like it if they DID do one. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Didn't one of the guys from Autograph play a star? Maybe we need to wait for a hair metal resurgence before requesting that Jackson bring them back. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                                Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Working...
                                X