Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jackson Rep Coming Tomorrow - Questions???

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jackson Rep Coming Tomorrow - Questions???

If they brought out the star shape I would literaly kill people to get one if necessary.

Comment

Autograph - where are they now? Steve Plunkett is the head of A&R for Fender Records ... and using much less hairspray! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

McD

Originally posted by YetAnotherOne:
      Didn't one of the guys from Autograph play a star? Maybe we need to wait for a hair metal resurgence before requesting that Jackson bring them back. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">
      \oo/. .\oo/ @ www.jacksonguitars.com

Comment

OK all you 80s revivalists, you now know to whom you should direct your demos. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
        Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

> I'd like to see simple variations of stock USA models available as an option,kind of like the flame inlay is an option on DK2,DXMG,etc. The kind of thing I'm talking about is having the option of offset dots or sharkfin,chrome,black,or gold hardware,maybe even have reg/reverse head as an option when ordering. In my case,I have never seen the point of me having to order a Custom Shop,just to get offset dots on a DK1,which amounts to $3000,according to the CS quote form. If I ordered it,say a dealer sells it to me at 25% off list,that's roughly $2350 and after shipping I would be paying almost $1000 more for what is surely a cheaper alternative,in actual cost for the CS as far as inlay material and labor,as compared to what standard DK1's are going for now. I'm sure there are others like me that would dig this as well. I'm also quite aware that these options could cause a slight increase in the base price of a USA,but for stuff like dots as opposed to sharkfins it should be cheaper as well. Just a few thoughts,Tommy D.
          "I'm going to try and work it out so at the end it's a pure guts race......because if it is.....I'm the only one that can win" - Steve Prefontaine

Comment

I think the fact that nobody bought the KE2T has to do with that it has no bevels and it has body binding

I want a string thru guitar, but i would rather have the KE2 than the KE2T because of the other changes to it.

And that is probably why "no one" will buy the KV2T either ...but i could be wrong

Comment

When's Fender going to start Fender-Yo, and start selling Jackson's direct to save us some pocket change?
              4 SONG EP NOW AVAILABLE!!
              http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/HEDDA

www.heddatheband.com

www.myspace.com/heddatheband

Comment

Edit: but it sure is a sweet looking guitar (KV2T that is)

Comment

It's not like dots are all you get - you get to design every element of the guitar - every spec! Not to disappoint you, but the options you're asking about are never going to happen. We're not going to have 5 variations on every model - it's just too much to manage. I think it's time for you to get the Custom on order!!! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

McD

Originally posted by Tommy Davidson:
                  > I'd like to see simple variations of stock USA models available as an option,kind of like the flame inlay is an option on DK2,DXMG,etc. The kind of thing I'm talking about is having the option of offset dots or sharkfin,chrome,black,or gold hardware,maybe even have reg/reverse head as an option when ordering. In my case,I have never seen the point of me having to order a Custom Shop,just to get offset dots on a DK1,which amounts to $3000,according to the CS quote form. If I ordered it,say a dealer sells it to me at 25% off list,that's roughly $2350 and after shipping I would be paying almost $1000 more for what is surely a cheaper alternative,in actual cost for the CS as far as inlay material and labor,as compared to what standard DK1's are going for now. I'm sure there are others like me that would dig this as well. I'm also quite aware that these options could cause a slight increase in the base price of a USA,but for stuff like dots as opposed to sharkfins it should be cheaper as well. Just a few thoughts,Tommy D.
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">
                  \oo/. .\oo/ @ www.jacksonguitars.com

Comment

It seems to me that the custom shop should stay custom, and USA production stay production.
                    Fender has tried to have something for everybody by having differant models of strat in production. The same with Tele's, jag's, and mustangs [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img] I guess what I'm triing to say is that more models would be the answer here, not options. Accept for maybe maple fingerboards on some dinky models. I would like to see some short scale models like the Fusion or 750xl. But an option would be to costly for a production guitar. I love the jackson charvel brand for its great past and hopefull future. So here's to Fender doing right what Akai failed so miserably at. Putting Jackson back on top [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

And now for some groveling. Please please please give me the fusion back or a short scale version of DKMG, DKMGT.
                    Thank you [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                    An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
                    A tooth for a tooth means we all eat through a straw.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob From Accounting:
                      I think the fact that nobody bought the KE2T has to do with that it has no bevels and it has body binding
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I think the lack of bevels and body binding are what made the KE2T. The lack of sales likely had more to do with it being a non-Floyd model and, to a lesser extent, Kelly sales being somewhat down in general. Nothing against string-throughs, but facts are facts... Floyds sell a hell of a lot more volume than string-throughs. Even with a slightly increasing popularity of TOM-STs.

If they had done the KE2T with a Floyd - or heck, a KV2 or RR1 w/body binding and no bevels, even - I'd be all over it.

[ November 02, 2003, 10:29 AM: Message edited by: shreddermon ]

Comment

maple fingerboards would be nice on a model or two [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by McD - J/C HQ:
                          It's not like dots are all you get - you get to design every element of the guitar - every spec! Not to disappoint you, but the options you're asking about are never going to happen. We're not going to have 5 variations on every model - it's just too much to manage. I think it's time for you to get the Custom on order!!! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

McD
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah, order a CARVIN Custom Shop for the price of a USA Select, and you can get dots, forward, reverse or 3x3 headstock,
                          quilt top, any hardware color you want, any bridge you want, matching headstock
                          to body finish, etc....

But just because Carvin can do it, doesn't mean poor old FMIC or JMIC can do it! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] They just don't have the same resources, and.... oh yeah, that's [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img] !

It will never happen because they would sell a lot fewer $3500 guitars if they did it, that's the bottom line. It's the same reason there isn't a 2-hum brother to the DK-2; it'd take sales away from the DK-1. Why not just admit that? It's respected business practice not to make your low line so good that your high
                          line suffers, but when dots ARE all a guy wants different, telling him it's worth $2500 for that because he COULD make other changes, is a bit disingenuous.
                          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

If you don't like the product, buy Carvin or (Insert manufacturer here)
                            Seems pretty simple to me.

Comment

By Black Mariah:
                              I doubt it. I haven't actually met anyone (aside from myself ) that thought the star body was anything but goofy looking.
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Have you actualy met anyone on this board? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I think there's plenty of Star fans. Probably not enough to justify the line, but you get my point...... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by k65h:
                                When's Fender going to start Fender-Yo, and start selling Jackson's direct to save us some pocket change?
                                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

You mean you WANT Korean JAcksons again?! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                                X