Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jackson Rep Coming Tomorrow - Questions???

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jackson Rep Coming Tomorrow - Questions???

I've always thought there were a lot of star fans, but I've always figured I'm the only one here who likes a flat mounted Floyd.

I wonder if there will be any changes in pickup configurations on existing models. Perhaps HSH, SSS, or just a bridge humbucker on the Soloist.

Maple boards on some models and some strat headstocks would be nice.

Comment

Hey, if you wanna play a Carvin - play one. If you want a real guitar, you'll work a little harder, save a little more money, and buy a Jackson. Ultimately, you'll get what you pay for.

McD out

Originally posted by lerxstcat:
      </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by McD - J/C HQ:
      It's not like dots are all you get - you get to design every element of the guitar - every spec! Not to disappoint you, but the options you're asking about are never going to happen. We're not going to have 5 variations on every model - it's just too much to manage. I think it's time for you to get the Custom on order!!! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

McD
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah, order a CARVIN Custom Shop for the price of a USA Select, and you can get dots, forward, reverse or 3x3 headstock,
      quilt top, any hardware color you want, any bridge you want, matching headstock
      to body finish, etc....

But just because Carvin can do it, doesn't mean poor old FMIC or JMIC can do it! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] They just don't have the same resources, and.... oh yeah, that's [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img] !

It will never happen because they would sell a lot fewer $3500 guitars if they did it, that's the bottom line. It's the same reason there isn't a 2-hum brother to the DK-2; it'd take sales away from the DK-1. Why not just admit that? It's respected business practice not to make your low line so good that your high
      line suffers, but when dots ARE all a guy wants different, telling him it's worth $2500 for that because he COULD make other changes, is a bit disingenuous.
      </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">
      \oo/. .\oo/ @ www.jacksonguitars.com

Comment

]I have it on pretty good authority that the Star body will return..... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
        Trust Me.... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

[ November 02, 2003, 07:55 PM: Message edited by: toddstaples ]
        "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Comment

Well Carvins are a fantastic guitar. That being said, I play Carvin-Jackson and Hamer, my favorite 3 for different reasons, but it all comes down to price-quality and mojo, all 3 have it in different ways [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] If I had to rate them 1-3, I would say Jackson/Hamer ties and Carvin in 2nd, but very close, becuase I can`t stand their pickups, so they nead changed, and the newer headstock is a little too rounded, but everything else is superb. jack.

Comment

IF not for Carvin's 25" scale and lack of binding option, id be much more interested in dealing with them.

Having owned both, I can vouch for Carvins build quality. They have great active electronics, and I love how all their lines offer a MULTITUDE of options.

I wish Jackson had their prices/options, and such.

I love Jackson's soloist neck profiles, their look and feel.

I dont care about tons of guitars and tons of options. Im gonna save my money for one or two special ones!

Hence waiting for a Jackson custom jobby!

PS McD, any hope for a Piezo option in the future? Id love a trem like on my Ibanez 620X. Piezo. A Floyd trem with a great Acoustic sound!

As well, STAINLESS STEEL FRETS! Jumbo's. Exactly the same shape and size as the current stock, except these would save $$$ fret dressings and eventual refrets.

I love the feel of Parkers, and I believe Ton Anderson is now offering this option!

Comment

All my hopes and dreams are in the imports. I'm nowhere near rich and even an import can be hard for me to get without selling off the 3 guitars I have boiled my collection down to. I don't want to do that. Another thing is, I love my DK2 compared to the few USA SL1's I've played. So, that being said, I would love to see what alot of others have asked for.

1. Maple boards with 22 frets or even 24 frets.
              2. 1 humbucker models with one volume control.
              3. More color options such as, on the DXMG.....how about white, red, blue as well as the GMG and black.
              4. Oh yeah...........how about that 24 fret RR model already............geeesh!
              [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by McD - J/C HQ:
                [QB] Hey, if you wanna play a Carvin - play one. If you want a real guitar, you'll work a little harder, save a little more money, and buy a Jackson. Ultimately, you'll get what you pay for.

McD out[QUOTE]

Now that's the first dumb thing I've ever read from you, McD. Lots of people here
                like Carvins about as much as they do Jacksons, so that was an insult to al those people. Their guitars are FAR superior to what Fender makes, for that matter, which I'll bet almost everyone
                here would agree with. Poor topic to throw rocks on, mi amigo!

My point was just that things you guys try to say are impossible are things they do for $40 to $100. Granted that the Jackson Custom Shop is much more diverse than Carvin's Custom Shop options, but
                you can customize their standard line for much less upcharge than a minor change with Jackson, wich bumps you into paying
                2 or 3 times as much. If you ARE going to get a Custom Shop Jackson, you might as well go for a lot of bells and whistles since you're paying bigtime anyway. It's not something to do because
                you want a reverse headstock only.

So I guess I just talked myself out of my NAMM passes, huh? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Oh well, easy come, easy go!
                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

hey guys as long as mike shannon is still in the custom shop we are all safe ! period ! ... but on another note Brian please don't let the big shots at fender move the import line to mexico [on my knees ! lol !] please ! //Steve

Comment

..and on my opinion of carvin verses jackson in no way are they even close to a Jackson not even close , and yes I've tryed em 2 or 3 times , and never ever owned one though //Steve

Comment

Well, it took me a couple days to find time to post these, but here are answers to a few of the questions asked during the meeting with my Jackson rep. These are straight from her and I'm posting these with her permission.

Q. Any possibility of a 24 ret RR5?
                      A. This is available now, but 24 pieces have to be ordered at once in order to make it happen.

Q. Charvels, the whole story, Stratheads?
                      A. No decision yet. There are licensing issues that are being worked on.

Q. This may be irrelevant, but when is that "mother of all info pages" coming back?
                      A. Most likely... never.

Q. Will the custom shop make Gibson body shapes?
                      A. Probably but not sure, another dealer just had a Firebird shape delivered. (*I'll find out for sure on this today... Matt*)

Q. Is Scott Ian still an endorser?
                      A. Yes.

Q. Will they do a Soloist with humbuckers bolted into the body?
                      A. Yes, Custom Shop.

Q. Will some Fender endorsers start showing up in Jackson ads?
                      A. Yes.

Q. When is Jackson going to start using stainless steel frets?
                      A. We'll get back to you on this one.

Q. How about a string through option on the USA line?
                      A. That's a great idea.

Q. Is there a chance for a Rusty Cooley signature model?
                      A. Who the hell is that?

Q. Any single hum models in a DK or SL?
                      A. Probably not, single humbucker guitar sales are slow.

Q.How about more finishes on the RR3's? For example, lightning sky and hot rod flames?
                      A. These actually are available now, but you'd have to organize a 24 piece order to make it happen.

Q. Will they get Jenna to do a movie with her Jackson?
                      A. Who knows.

Q. Will Jackson ever offer factory parts like replacement necks the way Fender does?
                      A. They're available now.

Q. How about an import Dinky in the DK2 style, but with only 2 humbuckers.
                      A. It's already available and it's called a DX10D.

There were actually a lot more questions but these were the only ones I had time to ask. Two notes of interest though. First, when I mentioned a string through option on USA Selects, she seemed to think it was a great idea. Keep in mind, she's not running the factory. But.. this is how new ideas make it to the right people. And second, anyone that lives in upstate NY might want to check out the calendar at House Of Guitars. Apparently they've hired Jenna to do an in store in the near future. Get me an autographed picture!

I'll find out about the Gibson body shapes later today and post the answer asap (Brian, if you're reading feel free to answer!).

Matt [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                      Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Originally posted by mattsmusiccenter:

Q. This may be irrelevant, but when is that "mother of all info pages" coming back?
                        A. Most likely... never.

Q. Will the custom shop make Gibson body shapes?
                        A. Probably but not sure, another dealer just had a Firebird shape delivered. (*I'll find out for sure on this today... Matt*)
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">i can answer these two.. first of all, a sales rep wouldn't know jack about the moaip page. todd is working on it. i know you're sick of hearing it, but deal.

an unnamed dealer placed an order for 13 firebirds. this was submitted when this shape was still allowed, and they are all sold from what i know. i HIGHLY doubt you'll see gibson shapes, but that's my opinion.

sully
                        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                        Sully Guitars on Facebook
                        Sully Guitars on Google+
                        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Q. Charvels, the whole story, Stratheads?
                          A. No decision yet. There are licensing issues that are being worked on.
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Will someone please kick the lawyers - or whomever need be - in the @ss on this one! [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] The amount of time taking to address this issue ridiculous. McD talked earlier about "no brainer" decisions. This is no brainer numero uno . Do the damn legal work, settle on the upcharge nee "licensing fee, the term permitted, and JUST DO IT. Please.

I cannot express the amount of frustration and disappointment I will have with Fender, if custom shop stratheads will still not be permitted with the next NAMM show. And, yes, the issue here is with Fender, since they're the holdup on this decision-making. Particularly since the work has basically already been done via the 25th anniversary model.

Every day that goes by without allowing stratheads is another day that J/C makes less money than they could otherwise. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Q. Will Jackson ever offer factory parts like replacement necks the way Fender does?
                          A. They're available now.
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Huh? Since when? USA stuff, too? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Q. Will they do a Soloist with humbuckers bolted into the body?
                            A. Yes, Custom Shop.

Q. Will some Fender endorsers start showing up in Jackson ads?
                            A. Yes.

Q. When is Jackson going to start using stainless steel frets?
                            A. We'll get back to you on this one.

Q. Is there a chance for a Rusty Cooley signature model?
                            A. Who the hell is that?

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thanks a lot Matt, you asked all 3 of my questions! Also it's sad that the rep has no idea who Rusty is, I hope you told her of the power (great job to whoever asked that one).
                            I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

...and while we're talkin, is it just me or aren't there other people way more qualified to answer this kind of stuff? i mean, sales reps certainly get info, but i'm guessing you'll get more info from brian or morgan.

i'd also like some clarification about the replacement parts thing... i have a feeling that it's not as easy as calling jackson and buying a neck.

i apologize in advance if i'm coming off like a complete tool, i'm having a REALLY rotten day at work, and i'd kill to be able to up and quit.

sully
                              Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                              Sully Guitars on Facebook
                              Sully Guitars on Google+
                              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Black Mariah:
                                I doubt it. I haven't actually met anyone (aside from myself [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ) that thought the star body was anything but goofy looking. The Kelly Star did dick as far as sales, and I can't see them doing a star anytime soon. I would really like it if they DID do one. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You couldn't be any further wrong. The Kelly Star was a bomb because it was priced $200-$400 higher than the same guitar as an RR-3, KE-3, DK-2, etc. Musicians Friend sold the darn things for $700!!!!! and then listed a KE-3 right next to it for $399. How much sense did that make? When the made in India junk model came out in 2001, they didn't even get the shape right.

[ November 03, 2003, 10:36 AM: Message edited by: Greg Crowe ]

Comment

Working...
                                X