Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jackson Rep Coming Tomorrow - Questions???

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jackson Rep Coming Tomorrow - Questions???

Originally posted by mattsmusiccenter:
    Q. This may be irrelevant, but when is that "mother of all info pages" coming back?
    A. Most likely... never.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Sully is correct. Sorry, but I'm not going to have a ANYONE nullify my hard work, especially when they're not a member of this board. Why go to a 'middle person' when you can go directly to the sources? Any questions on the MoAIP should be directed to the Admins, if not Me personally.

Maybe clarifying that statement should be in order, I'll do it for you. The MoAIP is not coming back in an official capacity. You will not see the old HTML pages that Kevin Easton / VooDooBoy created, nor will you see one designed to match the official Jackson/Charvel site style. When they were removed from the official Jackson site it was stated that we could not re-post it because it was all property of Jackson/Charvel. That's all fine and dandy, so, we moved on.

Several of you are curious about the MoAIP here's a brief history and update.

Many, many, moons ago, Jeremy approached me, or I approached him, I can't remember exactly how it went... But the plans to provide the MoAIP were set in motion. The plan was broken into several phases.

Phase 1 - Extract the data from the old MoAIP pages. **done**
    Phase 2 - Design and construction of the database that houses the data for all of the models. **done**
    Phase 3 - Design, construction, and testing of the application that will access the data and bring it to your very eyes. **in progress**
    Phase 4 - Transferring the files and database to the JCF server.
    Phase 5 - Populating the database with all data in preperation to go live.
    Phase 6 - Live production and data corrections.

The work is ongoing and sometimes very very frustrating. But what you WILL see, in the not too distant future, on this site, is a newly designed interface. At first, it will be nothing very spectacular, just utilitarian in design. But, there are several upgrades in regards to searching capabilities already in the planning stages. The entire application will match the JCF stylistically.

Now, I ask you, how would a Jackson/Charvel rep know what I am doing? Sorry to take this a little too personally, but I defy any of you put your heart and soul into a project and then read one day that someone says that it's "Most likely... never" coming back and you not feel like you were punched in the gut.
    Occupy JCF

Comment

Thanx Matt!! Great job askin the tough questions!! I've always said you're a cool dude bro!! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] Chucksplatter

Comment

So now I just have to find 23 other people that wants a RR5... [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by TEKKY:
          Now, I ask you, how would a Jackson/Charvel rep know what I am doing? Sorry to take this a little too personally, but I defy any of you put your heart and soul into a project and then read one day that someone says that it's "Most likely... never" coming back and you not feel like you were punched in the gut.
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Tekky, maybe I've misunderstood, but I interpreted that answer to address the return of the MOAIP in an official capacity. i.e., Would Jackson / Charvel bring it back to the company's web site? No, most likely not. ...I think this goes back a ways to their web guy saying they were working on it.

I don't think they were speaking to the JCF's own similar MOAIP project. Keep up the good work, bud. It'll get there eventually.

Comment

Mcd, Yeah the Carvin comment was not the best I have heard.

Now let me see if I have this right. I can get a USA Stratocaster, Humbucker, 2 hum, single hum, 3 singles, single single hum, single spaced hums, with floyds, without floyds, non trem, trem.

But we can't get a Jackson with Chrome or Black hardware, or gold for a small up charge? How hard is it to tell Sanchez or Bob, or Tojo, or Sascha to drop a gold floyd in?

Maybe not on the neck thru guitars, I don't know CnC machineing or the process the factory uses to make guitars, however an unfinished bolt on neck is an unfinished bolt on neck. Make 10 with off set dots, make 10 with reverse sharks, make 10 with whatever. Put them on DK1's and see how they sell.

The different color hardware is a no brainer, where would it add more work.

And for the most part, we can speak for a MAJORITY of the Jackson players. They like the same things we do pretty much, if we are buying them, they will buy them.

I personally think that the hotrod DK2 is STUPID, you could buy a USA soloist for around 100$ more used.

This is coming from someone that owns, Jacksons, Fenders, a Charvel, an Ernie Ball and an Ibanez (bad move, bleh [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] )

The, it couldnt be done, its more work is just [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img] I'm out [img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img]

Comment

Also the DX10D, is not of the same quality the DK2 is. It lacks the binding, and the DK2 seems a little bit better.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon:
                </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by TEKKY:
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Tekky, maybe I've misunderstood, but I interpreted that answer to address the return of the MOAIP in an official capacity. i.e., Would Jackson / Charvel bring it back to the company's web site? No, most likely not. ...I think this goes back a ways to their web guy saying they were working on it.

I don't think they were speaking to the JCF's own similar MOAIP project. Keep up the good work, bud. It'll get there eventually.
                </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">If I took it out of context I apologize, however it was kinda jarring to see that posted here.
                Occupy JCF

Comment

We can do that, but your dealer needs to order 10. Good luck getting Gibson or Ibanez to do it. Also, see if you can order a Fender, Gibson, Ibanez, etc in 64 finishes without going Custom!!! We've got options, I'm sorry they don't suit your needs.

McD

But we can't get a Jackson with Chrome or Black hardware, or gold for a small up charge? How hard is it to tell Sanchez or Bob, or Tojo, or Sascha to drop a gold floyd in?

Originally posted by Deneb:
                  Mcd, Yeah the Carvin comment was not the best I have heard.

Now let me see if I have this right. I can get a USA Stratocaster, Humbucker, 2 hum, single hum, 3 singles, single single hum, single spaced hums, with floyds, without floyds, non trem, trem.

Maybe not on the neck thru guitars, I don't know CnC machineing or the process the factory uses to make guitars, however an unfinished bolt on neck is an unfinished bolt on neck. Make 10 with off set dots, make 10 with reverse sharks, make 10 with whatever. Put them on DK1's and see how they sell.

The different color hardware is a no brainer, where would it add more work.

And for the most part, we can speak for a MAJORITY of the Jackson players. They like the same things we do pretty much, if we are buying them, they will buy them.

I personally think that the hotrod DK2 is STUPID, you could buy a USA soloist for around 100$ more used.

This is coming from someone that owns, Jacksons, Fenders, a Charvel, an Ernie Ball and an Ibanez (bad move, bleh [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] )

The, it couldnt be done, its more work is just [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img] I'm out [img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img]
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">
                  \oo/. .\oo/ @ www.jacksonguitars.com

Comment

BINGO! Why fight it - if you're not into it, move on. We're doing what we can to keep people happy - but we can't please everyone....

Originally posted by A.Pulverizer:
                    If you don't like the product, buy Carvin or (Insert manufacturer here)
                    Seems pretty simple to me.

Comment

• Re: Jackson Rep Coming Tomorrow - Questions???

FINALLY!!! SOMEONE on my side [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Originally posted by Steve:
                      ..and on my opinion of carvin verses jackson in no way are they even close to a Jackson not even close , and yes I've tryed em 2 or 3 times , and never ever owned one though //Steve

Comment

Morgan, getting a dealer to order 10 USA guitars with offset dots is STUPID.

Aside from mail order, musicians friend, and major online stores, who the hell can afford to buy 10 offset dot dinkies, soloists, and some reverse fin ones with gold and black hardware.

Yeah they would sell, but you have to take into account that they take TIME to sell. Not everyone is booming with money out the butt, and cannot fufill a stores full 10 guitar order.

I do not understand though, you said that they cannot do it, but now you are saying they can???

As cool as 62 finishes are, that's really not that big of a deal. Alot of the finishes suck to me, and I am sure some of the ones I like suck to other people.

Same as some people may think gold is bad, and black is better, others may feel reversed.

I do not know why were are even discussing this, because in all honesty, you are for Fender, we are not. What Fender is doing, you will more than likely agree with, after all we are not feeding your family. Your paycheck is.

Even if you thought bad of something, maybe Fender would show you the good in it *note I should have used FMIC*

Not busting your chops M, but this is how it is. People want those options, and they would sell. Jackson is set up one way now, and I guess the only options we have are color.

Now don't get me wrong, I still buy Jacksons, and also don't get me wrong, some of the new finishes make me feel, well you know, kinda goofy [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] And in all honesty, I am not really one of the people that does not like binding, or wants one hum.

If it were up to me, it would be floyd, 2 hums, 24 frets, ebony board, binding, neckthru, sharkies, inlaid logo, USA for me, all the time. So in all honesty I can buy a guitar and it be just that and it be what I want in a custom. If I ordered a custom, it probably would not differ much from an SL2h or an SL2h MAH.

Comment

McD,

USA Jackson better than a Carvin. I'll give you that one, and I have owned both. Without price as part of the equation, I do love the USA Jacksons.

USA or MIM Fender better than ANY Carvin? Don't think so. I think your paycheck is clouding your opinion on this. And frankly, we aren't going to convince each other of anything different, so it probably doesn't matter what your and my opinions are.

Comment

Who's Morgan? You're right, that is stupid - that's why it's not an option.

[img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

More gain!

>>>Morgan, getting a dealer to order 10 USA guitars with offset dots is STUPID.

Originally posted by Deneb:
                            Morgan, getting a dealer to order 10 USA guitars with offset dots is STUPID.

Aside from mail order, musicians friend, and major online stores, who the hell can afford to buy 10 offset dot dinkies, soloists, and some reverse fin ones with gold and black hardware.

Yeah they would sell, but you have to take into account that they take TIME to sell. Not everyone is booming with money out the butt, and cannot fufill a stores full 10 guitar order.

I do not understand though, you said that they cannot do it, but now you are saying they can???

As cool as 62 finishes are, that's really not that big of a deal. Alot of the finishes suck to me, and I am sure some of the ones I like suck to other people.

Same as some people may think gold is bad, and black is better, others may feel reversed.

I do not know why were are even discussing this, because in all honesty, you are for Fender, we are not. What Fender is doing, you will more than likely agree with, after all we are not feeding your family. Your paycheck is.

Even if you thought bad of something, maybe Fender would show you the good in it *note I should have used FMIC*

Not busting your chops M, but this is how it is. People want those options, and they would sell. Jackson is set up one way now, and I guess the only options we have are color.

Now don't get me wrong, I still buy Jacksons, and also don't get me wrong, some of the new finishes make me feel, well you know, kinda goofy [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] And in all honesty, I am not really one of the people that does not like binding, or wants one hum.

If it were up to me, it would be floyd, 2 hums, 24 frets, ebony board, binding, neckthru, sharkies, inlaid logo, USA for me, all the time. So in all honesty I can buy a guitar and it be just that and it be what I want in a custom. If I ordered a custom, it probably would not differ much from an SL2h or an SL2h MAH.

Comment

Sorry - I've been a Fender player for YEARS. Yeah, no sense in getting upset because someone doesn't share an opinion. The best thing to do is to end the conversation.... having said that, see ya'll later!

USA or MIM Fender better than ANY Carvin? Don't think so. I think your paycheck is clouding your opinion on this.

Originally posted by redmanjj:
                              McD,

USA Jackson better than a Carvin. I'll give you that one, and I have owned both. Without price as part of the equation, I do love the USA Jacksons.

USA or MIM Fender better than ANY Carvin? Don't think so. I think your paycheck is clouding your opinion on this. And frankly, we aren't going to convince each other of anything different, so it probably doesn't matter what your and my opinions are.

Comment

I've tried a couple of Carvins. Overall they're solid players but they're just not as nice as a Jackson custom shop. Mainly because I hate their body styles and how you get so few body choices.

Originally posted by mattsmusiccenter:

Q. Any possibility of a 24 ret RR5?
                                A. This is available now, but 24 pieces have to be ordered at once in order to make it happen.
                                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Any clue if a dealer will order such in the near future?

Q. Will Jackson ever offer factory parts like replacement necks the way Fender does?
                                A. They're available now.
                                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Really? Where?

[ November 03, 2003, 01:43 PM: Message edited by: Sephiroth ]

Comment

Working...
                                X