Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jackson Rep Coming Tomorrow - Questions???

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Jackson Rep Coming Tomorrow - Questions???

Originally posted by McD - J/C HQ:
    FINALLY!!! SOMEONE on my side [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Steve:
    ..and on my opinion of carvin verses jackson in no way are they even close to a Jackson not even close , and yes I've tryed em 2 or 3 times , and never ever owned one though //Steve
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well, Steve probably hasn't seen many Carvins up in Canada, so he hasn't had a fair sampling.

I think Redmanjj hit oit on the head, your paycheck clouds your thinking. AS for Fenders, I like them too; my first decent guitar was a '65 Mustang and I've owned and enjoyed quite a few over the years. They don't compare to Carvins in my opinion. Our opinions wn't change.

Just to point out, the flamage started
    when you referred to Carvin as not a "real" guitar. That goes beyond opinion
    to insult of Carvin owners, so not to expect to piss someone off is, well, not thinking. Just because Jackson and FMIC,
    for whatever reasons, choose not to offer options, don't speak as though it CAN'T be done, then insult a company thqat does it every day. If it's more efficient to not offer options, fine. If you wat to generate more Custom Shop sales, fine. Don't give us [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img] about the reasons though, or sling mud at a great manufacturer who's offering what you don't want to offer. Of course, to be fair I could ***** to Carvin for not offering neck and headstock binding and might well get a similar aswer from them.
    Most likely they'd tell me it keeps the costs down though, which makes sense.

Anyway, other than this I've enjoyed your posts, so I can agree to disagree with you on this and set it aside.

Oh, and Morgan's another FMIC guy that posts here; Deneb mixed y'all up, and so did I at first; Morgan spotted me the NAMM passes, so that was a joke, like you'd pull the passes you already promised due to a dustup on the board.
    Humor, what a concept, eh?
    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Jesus Christ some of you are touchy, would you like some Midol?

Comment

Look - if you like Carvins, play them. It says nothing bad about you - if they really sucked they would have gone out of business a LONG time ago. I don't care for them. You can make suggestions without saying "Jackson sucks because I can't get this that and the other things..."
        If you're on the anti-Fender bandwagon, that's your prerogative - I am not on it. I know that you're wrong about Fender quality. If they sucked would people play them? The manufacturing of guitars is a very complex process - there are a variety of approaches - what we're doing seems to be working. What Carvin does is working for them. At the end of the day, you can choose one or both. It doesn't really matter. I am going on record and saying that Jackson's are the best guitars made in America. That's my opinion.

Yes, I know who Morgan is. Come on.

I'm not here to piss people off - but if you want to engage in a friendly argument, there is the burden of proof. You will be wrong. I will be wrong. As far as saying Carvin's aren't REAL guitars - that's my humor - maybe the truth hurts and their is some online cover-up going on (nudge nudge wink wink). It's apples and oranges.

There are alot of things that can be done - some are cool but just not cost effective.

Later!

The Fender Bastard is signing off

Originally posted by lerxstcat:
        </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by McD - J/C HQ:
        FINALLY!!! SOMEONE on my side [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Steve:
        ..and on my opinion of carvin verses jackson in no way are they even close to a Jackson not even close , and yes I've tryed em 2 or 3 times , and never ever owned one though //Steve
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well, Steve probably hasn't seen many Carvins up in Canada, so he hasn't had a fair sampling.

I think Redmanjj hit oit on the head, your paycheck clouds your thinking. AS for Fenders, I like them too; my first decent guitar was a '65 Mustang and I've owned and enjoyed quite a few over the years. They don't compare to Carvins in my opinion. Our opinions wn't change.

Just to point out, the flamage started
        when you referred to Carvin as not a "real" guitar. That goes beyond opinion
        to insult of Carvin owners, so not to expect to piss someone off is, well, not thinking. Just because Jackson and FMIC,
        for whatever reasons, choose not to offer options, don't speak as though it CAN'T be done, then insult a company thqat does it every day. If it's more efficient to not offer options, fine. If you wat to generate more Custom Shop sales, fine. Don't give us [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img] about the reasons though, or sling mud at a great manufacturer who's offering what you don't want to offer. Of course, to be fair I could ***** to Carvin for not offering neck and headstock binding and might well get a similar aswer from them.
        Most likely they'd tell me it keeps the costs down though, which makes sense.

Anyway, other than this I've enjoyed your posts, so I can agree to disagree with you on this and set it aside.

Oh, and Morgan's another FMIC guy that posts here; Deneb mixed y'all up, and so did I at first; Morgan spotted me the NAMM passes, so that was a joke, like you'd pull the passes you already promised due to a dustup on the board.
        Humor, what a concept, eh?
        </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">
        \oo/. .\oo/ @ www.jacksonguitars.com

Comment

Tekky,

Trish (rep) was definitely making reference to the pages in an official Jackson/Charvel capacity. She would really have no way of knowing that you were working on one outside of Jackson... Ya know?

I'm actually looking forward to seeing the pages when they're done. Sounds like a gigantic project!

Matt
          Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Hey Matt thanks for asking about the string-through option on the USA line. I'm not a big fan of trems at all but I was forced into a floyd with the SL2, so maybe in a few years they'll have it as an option thanks to you asking her and maybe she (and others) will pass the good word along and make it possible!

Comment

There's good and bad QC in just about every manufacturer, but I think Carvin's QC is a little better, IMO. Just about everyone I've talked to who had a Carvin have never had a problem, with the exception of a few. I own two Carvins (a 2002 SC90 and 2001 DC400... the DC400 is being traded for a 2001 DC120 12-string), and I can't find a flaw in them.

On the other hand, my Fender had a couple little issues. I love my 2001 USA Double Fat Strat hardtail... two humbuckers, five-way switching and the hardtail bridge are the main reasons I bought it. I hate the Fender vintage and two-point trems, so a hardtail was a no-brainer. If this particular model had a Floyd, I probably would have bought one of them, too. It's a great player, but the QC could have been a little better... I had to scrape a little glue off a couple frets, and a few of the fret slots could use a little bit of filler on the side of the fretboard. Otherwise, I can't really complain, but stuff like that really should be looked at a little more carefully before leaving the factory, IMO.

The only other USA guitar I've got at the moment is a '95 Hamer Special FM that is one awesome player and definitely gives Gibson a run for its money. I've only ever owned import Jacksons, but I've played a few USAs and a Custom Shop I thought were sweet. One day I'll get a USA Jackson. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by TEKKY:

I don't think they were speaking to the JCF's own similar MOAIP project. Keep up the good work, bud. It'll get there eventually.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">If I took it out of context I apologize, however it was kinda jarring to see that posted here. [/QB][/QUOTE]

Understandable. I don't think the question was worded very clearly. We know you're working hard on it Tekky, and when it's done we'll all celebrate and cheer you! Your work will go down in history! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by mattsmusiccenter:
                  Tekky,

Trish (rep) was definitely making reference to the pages in an official Jackson/Charvel capacity. She would really have no way of knowing that you were working on one outside of Jackson... Ya know?

I'm actually looking forward to seeing the pages when they're done. Sounds like a gigantic project!

Matt
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I know. I seem to have taken it out of context.

But on the flipside, why even ask if there's going to be an official MoAIP? They did mention that they were going to re-format the pages, but that was long ago and nothing's been said since. This is where and why we picked up the ball to run with it. I'm sure their focus is on the future, not the past. And who could blame them, they already sold the Model 2s, Dinky STDs, and Soloist PROs. Again, that's in the past, the money was made and not by the current management. So why would they bother? Isn't this one of the reasons why we've created and joined the JCF?

I'm sorry for my sensitivity on this issue, but I'm bustin' my chops to put together a great resource. Right now it's frustrating. But hopefully when it is all done, it will be well worth the time spent.
                  Occupy JCF

Comment

Todd, you rule! Drink a 12-pack to help you get through your day, on me! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I get the impression a lot of us are a little touchy today, self included.

Maybe it wasn't the best timing to post those answers, comments, etc. on a Monday? [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Damn beginning of the workweek! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[ November 03, 2003, 03:25 PM: Message edited by: shreddermon ]

Comment

Sorry about the Monday post... I would have done it sooner but I was recovering from a Halloween hangover.

[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                        Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Matt, do you sell enough guitars that it ever will be possible to order 24 fret RR5's?

Comment

Originally posted by TEKKY:
                            </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by mattsmusiccenter:
                            Tekky,

Matt
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I know. I seem to have taken it out of context.

But on the flipside, why even ask if there's going to be an official MoAIP? They did mention that they were going to re-format the pages, but that was long ago and nothing's been said since. This is where and why we picked up the ball to run with it. I'm sure their focus is on the future, not the past. And who could blame them, they already sold the Model 2s, Dinky STDs, and Soloist PROs. Again, that's in the past, the money was made and not by the current management. So why would they bother? Isn't this one of the reasons why we've created and joined the JCF?

I'm sorry for my sensitivity on this issue, but I'm bustin' my chops to put together a great resource. Right now it's frustrating. But hopefully when it is all done, it will be well worth the time spent.
                            </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Todd, I hate to ask this, but: have you cleared it with FMIC/JMIC to let you post ANY version of the MOAIP? I would hate to see you undertake this huge endeavour
                            only to have FMIC crush it with their legal departmant. If you have official permission to create a new MOAIP that's great, or if you're willing to do it for your own sense of accomplishment that is also cool. I'd make sure they're going to let you post it, based on their aggressive excercise of their rights in past.
                            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Marshall tone:
                              Hey Matt thanks for asking about the string-through option on the USA line. I'm not a big fan of trems at all but I was forced into a floyd with the SL2, so maybe in a few years they'll have it as an option thanks to you asking her and maybe she (and others) will pass the good word along and make it possible!
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah, Thanks Matt!!

...Hopefully one day [img]graemlins/baby.gif[/img]

Comment

it's fine. as long as our version has none of theirs on it, it's all good.

sully
                                Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                                Sully Guitars on Facebook
                                Sully Guitars on Google+
                                Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                                X