Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jackson Rep Coming Tomorrow - Questions???

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jackson Rep Coming Tomorrow - Questions???

I highly doubt a regional rep is going to have the pull to get options like the ones mentioned added to the USA select series. If you want that kind of stuff done you should send a petition to Brian McDonald. He's product development. And expect a increase in suggested retail of them if they do follow through with the request.
    We must!
    We must!
    We must increase the bust!
    The bigger the better!
    The tighter the sweater!
    The boys are counting on us!

Comment

Authentic Charvels (like the originals, not like the mid 90s reissues) with Stratheads.

Comment

Originally posted by Sephiroth:
        10. Will Jackson ever offer factory parts like replacement necks the way Fender does?
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ditto, I asked that in a previous thread. Would you ask her that one, Matt?

Thanks!
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Take pictures!

Make sure to take the gig bag off, and don't forget the pockets and cavities, we need them uncovered and in high resolution. [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

String Thru count: 5

where were you when i posted This Thread there i could have used some [img]graemlins/help.gif[/img]

[ October 30, 2003, 12:46 PM: Message edited by: Bob From Accounting ]

Comment

That was a week ago and the rep wasn't coming yet. Now that she IS, is a good time to raise the issue again.
              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Any answers, Matt? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Sorry, almost missed out on this. Been working and killing snakes. Really.
                  A fusion line. Not just a single model, but a real line. Mix it up between USA, MG, Charvel, etc,etc. A string through with reverse head, direct mounted pickups, an archtop model. And a USA reissue of the 750XL under the jackson name, both floyd loaded with a d-tuna and TOM string through. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                  I would buy new jacksons again.

Its not an FMIC thing, Its a scale length [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img] thing. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                  An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
                  A tooth for a tooth means we all eat through a straw.

Comment

2 post? how did that happen?
                    I guess God is triing to say something. [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                    An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
                    A tooth for a tooth means we all eat through a straw.

Comment

You either hit Back instead of clicking the link at the top of the page or your browser popped an Error, and you hit Refresh.

So what's the word, turd? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

oh, I'm not fast enough... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                        anyway; I'll second the 24 fret RR topic another time!!
                        mankind is ready for this!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                        tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

Originally posted by Soloist1:
                          I highly doubt a regional rep is going to have the pull to get options like the ones mentioned added to the USA select series. If you want that kind of stuff done you should send a petition to Brian McDonald. He's product development. And expect a increase in suggested retail of them if they do follow through with the request.
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Certainly you're right as far as regional reps ALONE. If we tell these things to anyone we encounter from Jackson or FMIC
                          though - anyone and EVERYONE - then that
                          may have more impact than lobbying any one person. I'm pretty sure regional reps of any company, in addition to hawking what they HAVE, are also interested in knowing what the customer WANTS, and getting it to him before the other guy does. The nature of any business is to stay on top of what the consumer wants so as to sell it, rather than have warehouses full of stock no one wants.
                          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Agreed Lerx but this is kind of a cluster F Mongolian in style. You have everybody and anybody throwing a post in saying I want this or I want that. I'm sure the things that are most often noted will stick in someones mind. But I think you'd be more likely to see something done if everyone could come to some kind of agreement on one certain thing and have it attached with a list of the people from the board that would be interested in that. One thing I notice is people would like to add options. Maybe if something was sent regarding making floyd/string thru, rev or standard headstock and so on an option on the USA selects they would consider doing it. But since that makes it more custom a price hike would obviously be added as well. And unfortunately people will praise you for adding the option but get all over your a$$ for making it cost more.

[ October 31, 2003, 02:49 PM: Message edited by: Soloist1 ]
                            We must!
                            We must!
                            The bigger the better!
                            The tighter the sweater!

Comment

Well, you're right about that, but you'll never get 2,000+ JCFers to agree on ANYTHING! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

There was a thread on a 1-hum short scale Soloist and even THAT digressed, so we're like the Indian tribes when the white man came; we can't unite on one thing!

If I were a Jackson/Charvel rep, I think I'd develop a little spreadsheet with items like "24-fret Rhoads" and "short scale Soloist", etc..., and check off hashmarks on my sheet every time one of those requests popped up, and add a new item to the sheet when that came up. At the end of my circuit I'd have a tally of how many people wanted each item, ready to submit to the home office. I also agree that it needs to be determined how much people are wiling to pay extra for the things they want. If a guy wants a reverse headstock but won't pay $100 for it, then he really doesn't want it enough
                              for Jackson to change gears for him. On the other hand, a $1,000 guitar shouldn't jump to $3,000 over a reverse headstock either. There's lots of room left in the middle for customers to be made happy and for Jackson to make some $. I think some
                              of Jackson's problems earlier came from having such a dichotomy between USA Select and Custom Shop that they were too rigid to do some relatively cheap mods that people would've paid good, but not extortionate, money for. Perhaps Fender will offer more options instead of making every distinction a Custom Shop upgrade.
                              I mean, black hardware instead of chrome requiring Custom Shop? Ridiculous. That kind of fossilized thought hurt Jackson for years, and I hope FMIC changes that.

If a guitar's made to order, whether USA Select or Custom Shop, then you should be able to get chrome, gold or black hardware on it when they assemble it. The old regime had many reasons why they couldn't do that, but if other companies can do it, so can Jackson. The "here's why we CAN'T" culture of the AMIC regime
                              really hurt Jackson for years, no offense to the workers who did what they were told to do. If a Korean working for .50 an hour can put on chrome, gold or black hardware according to an order, than so can a $20 per hour American, I believe.

[ October 31, 2003, 03:55 PM: Message edited by: lerxstcat ]
                              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Damn good point about AMIC not having available options. If what Fender has done for production increased it they way stated I would think that would be something they could do. Fender has got customs down to 5 months. Hell I waited 14 for my Warrior so that is a huge difference right there. And no we definitely won't get all 2000 of these members agreeing on everything 100%. lol I think stuff like bridge, headstock and inlays and even hardware color would be a great thing though.
                                We must!
                                We must!
                                The bigger the better!
                                The tighter the sweater!

Comment

Working...
                                X