Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jackson Rep Coming Tomorrow - Questions???

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Jackson Rep Coming Tomorrow - Questions???

This has shades of the "Carvin =California Peavey"
    thread/argument from the old board....if I remember correctly, some of the same parties are involved once again. What a surprise! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Not only that but the heel joint on the DK-2 is scalloped out a bit,the DX-10 isn't.Not quite the same guitar me thinks.

Originally posted by Deneb:
      Also the DX10D, is not of the same quality the DK2 is. It lacks the binding, and the DK2 seems a little bit better.
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

Comment

Star bodies rule!!! To me they epitomize the San Dimas era and my teen lust for one.

rich

Comment

There's no insult intended - if you want to play Carvins, play them. As far as Carvin's go, I'm sorry I don't feel they are in the same league as USA made Jackson's - BUT, that's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. Personally, I'd take a Fender Strat (US or MIM) over ANYTHING Carvin makes (flame on, it's my opinion and you're not going to change it).

Yes, Custom Jackson's are expensive. When you buy a Custom Jackson, you're making an investment that will hold it's value - if you take care of it.

Also, for the record - I was out of NAMM badges a few months ago.

No hard feelings, just it's an opinion and I'm sticking to it. I moved from Fender to Jackson because I love the guitars.

First, you don't want us to Fender-ize Jackson and now you want us to Carvin-ize Jackson? ROFLMMFAO!!

McD out

[quote]Originally posted by lerxstcat:
          [QUOTE]Originally posted by McD - J/C HQ:
          [QB] Hey, if you wanna play a Carvin - play one. If you want a real guitar, you'll work a little harder, save a little more money, and buy a Jackson. Ultimately, you'll get what you pay for.

McD out

Now that's the first dumb thing I've ever read from you, McD. Lots of people here
          like Carvins about as much as they do Jacksons, so that was an insult to al those people. Their guitars are FAR superior to what Fender makes, for that matter, which I'll bet almost everyone
          here would agree with. Poor topic to throw rocks on, mi amigo!

My point was just that things you guys try to say are impossible are things they do for $40 to $100. Granted that the Jackson Custom Shop is much more diverse than Carvin's Custom Shop options, but
          you can customize their standard line for much less upcharge than a minor change with Jackson, wich bumps you into paying
          2 or 3 times as much. If you ARE going to get a Custom Shop Jackson, you might as well go for a lot of bells and whistles since you're paying bigtime anyway. It's not something to do because
          you want a reverse headstock only.

So I guess I just talked myself out of my NAMM passes, huh? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Oh well, easy come, easy go!
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

[ November 03, 2003, 12:58 PM: Message edited by: McD - J/C HQ ]
          \oo/. .\oo/ @ www.jacksonguitars.com

Comment

Working...
          X