KV2Ts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KV2Ts

I never saw them before I bought em. But they are INCREDIBLE!! They look great. The inlays are something Donnie and I had been working on last year but I was totally blown over by the tone and feel of em. From what they say I got the first two of them in the USA. Kinda cool. Very good weight, the silver swirl was pretty cool too. If I could just set down and play it I'd keep em. hehe. Michael saw em for the first time at the guitar show last weekend and just started droolin but then again mikey drools alot...jab! [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] I wish Jackson would've had them in the catalog for this year. Oh well, I messed up a few of the catalogs as well in my time... [img]images/icons/blush.gif[/img]

Re: KV2Ts

Cool. Pics please.
    And, how are the necks on them. Soloist or speed?
    Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Pics!
      I have no eyes, fuck-mook!

Comment

My question is: Are the Trans finishes over Flame Maple like the KV-2, or just over plain Mahogany like the Y2KV?
        please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

Man, I want a KV2T in silver swirl! [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] Too bad I just bought a new amp and I'm tapped out for buying anything new for at least a year. Gotta control the GAS! [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

[ October 30, 2003, 07:06 PM: Message edited by: toejam ]
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I notice the specs say 24.75" scale. Is that a typo? The catalog says it's 25.5" and that only the new SLS Soloist is 24.75". [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

I just saw one at West LA music, they said it had been there for a week. I picked it up and looked closely at the headstock and frets, but I didn't actually play it. This one was black with abalone logo and inlays. I've been working on a mahogany practice neck all day, so I am covered in sawdust and didn't want to F up their brand new guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace:
                I just saw one at West LA music, I am covered in sawdust
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That paints a hilarious picture! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Hey! I only drool because you keep putting these damn things in front of me, knowing full well that I'm resident King V boy. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I need to teach you how to take pictures. Yours are almost as bad as DCGL's. [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] And don't call me mikey, dammit! [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

toejam: Nope, the website is right. KV2T's are 24.75", just like the new SLS. The neck is closer to a Les Paul feel than the normal Jackson feel, which is fine with me.

Anyone that has a problem with the inlays needs to see one of these things up close. There isn't a damn thing Gibson-like about them. No filler, no cracks, not yellow... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Wow, that's cool to know. Short-scaled King V! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Holycross1 should also be happy that there's two short-scaled guitars in Jackson's lineup now. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Wizard of Ozz:
                      </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Black Mariah:
                      The neck is closer to a Les Paul feel than the normal Jackson feel, which is fine with me.
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">How's the neck profile on them? Is it thicker/more rounded like a Les Paul or still the same thin Soloist style neck? </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">
                      Originally posted by Black Mariah:
                      The neck is closer to a Les Paul feel than the normal Jackson feel, which is fine with me.
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I think that about summed it up [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Yep, Mikey nailed it.
                        Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Jimmy B: I'M GONNA KICK YOUR ASS LATER! [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Wizard of Ozz: It's not as thick as a LP neck, not as thin as a Jackson neck. The profile is round, I'd say C shaped.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Mariah:
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">How's the neck profile on them? Is it thicker/more rounded like a Les Paul or still the same thin Soloist style neck?

Comment

The neck is modeled after a certain '67 guitar I own (if you're one of the few people that's seen me play live, you know what it is) ... This was the first guitar that I helped create (with Donnie's guidance/input of course) so, it's obviously my favorite.... And I think Kevin is right, he's got the first two pieces. The correct scale is 24.75" but we did make a few at 25.5" We also made one at 27" scale for Derrick Green of Sepultura.

Unfortunately, the production of the first sample was just after the catalog had gone to the printer. But we figured, why wait 6 months to launch a new model that was killer and ready to go!

McD out

> Nope, the website is right. KV2T's are 24.75", > just like the new SLS. The neck is closer to a > Les Paul feel than the normal Jackson feel,
                              > which is fine with me.
                              \oo/. .\oo/ @ www.jacksonguitars.com

Comment

Working...
                              X