Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rick - Riffmeister's Guitar

Re: Rick - Riffmeister\'s Guitar

is that NEW, the skulls look kinda yukky & nice 12th fret dots.

Comment

What's the story on this guitar?

Dave->
      Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

First a big thanks to Matt for posting the pics for me.

The story on this guitar is that I have been talking about haveing it done for a year now and everyone was asking me for pics.

Well I finnally got it and didn't have any really good pics till now. Someone else posted another pic that wasn't too bad, bud hardly anyone looked at the thread.

The skulls look the way they do cause that is as close to the original that the guys could do. He did it all by hand, which is why they look slightly different from each other.

We had some major problems with the red paint going whacko after the clear was applied, but it is fixed to the point where you really can't tell anymore.

The guitar is made from scratch, the body was cut for me out of a piece of alder, the only thing that wasn't made by my tech was the neck ,he had it laying around and I liked the profile on it.

It's a bit wider than my Sl-2 and just as thin. I had him paint the back white and I got a Charvel Decal and he put that on as well. It came out looking better than I thought it would.

I know some people don't think that's right, BUT I did it strictly for cosmetic reasons to make this guitar look as close as possible to the original that Vivian Campbell had. I have no intentions on trying to pass it off as a real Charvel.

Anyway the rest is just some parts I had laying around, and in the end it only cost me 600.00, and for a guitar that plays as well as it does, I got a great deal on it [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
        Madness Reigns......... In the Hall of the Mountain King!

Comment

Cool! Glad you're happy with it! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Dave->
          Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

That's a cool one. Just in time for Halloween!

[edit] sp

[ October 31, 2003, 02:00 PM: Message edited by: StukaJU87 ]
            Scott
            Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Working...
            X