No announcement yet.

Maybe $$ doesn't always get you more..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Maybe $$ doesn\'t always get you more..

Originally posted by 2Loud2Old:
    Can someone direct me to Rock School 101 please??? [img]graemlins/help.gif[/img]

Is there an emoticon for.. Doofus?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Here's your dunce cap:

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

actually i was hoping you wouldn't find the problem and just give me the guitar [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

just jokes glad you figured it out

jon

Comment

If you send me the guitar I'll take care of that sticking switch for you and make sure you are never embarrassed by it again. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Tone also depends on the application. When you play any guitar at home by yourself it will definitely sound different when you strike it up with the band. I used to use a Fender Twin a lot at home. Sounded weak, no compression, no distortion, just bad. But when the band was playing behind me it oozed tone. The DK-1 is really not meant to be played as a stand alone instrument. It's meant for the working musician, one who is playing in a high volume band.

Quality is what is different in a USA vs. import Jackson. Most of us will be dead before our nicest USA Jacksons will be. The woods are top rate, the design and build quality are top rate, and the hardware/electronics are top rate. So I think you have to look at all of that too.
          "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
          Gotta get away from here.
          Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
          Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Originally posted by 2Loud2Old:
            Okay...

This is embarrassing.

I had the 5 way in-between the mid and bridge pups. [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Good thing you didn't spend a boatload of money trying to "fix" the problem. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
            X