Input from members on a custom SL1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Input from members on a custom SL1

I wanted to get input from anyone who may have ordered a Custom from Jackson in the past. I saw an SL2H recently in Jackson's archives that I am obsessed with owning. It's the "Wolf" graphic/pawprints inlays, etc. I'm sure many of you have seen the guitar at some point (NAMM pics). Anyway, I'd like to order the guitar in an SL1 form or as an SL2H with coil tap so I can still get that crisp, bell-like clean tones that I like so much. I went thru the custom order form and I figure we're talking about 3500 bucks or so. My question is...since that guitar appears to be a one-off, will they make it again if I ask? And, if anyone knows a more accurate estimation of the amount of green it's going to cost me, let me know. When ordering a custom from Jackson, do we pay the full retail price or does it work like it does at most music stored. I usually pay about 60% of retail (cash) for my new guitars. Thanks a lot.

Re: Input from members on a custom SL1

Take 40% off the quote on the webpage to get a fair price. Jackson will duplicate certain guitars, especially if it's a normal model with a graphic. They won't do the pencil sketch Rhoads anymore and they won't do certain body styles like Explorers. I'm sure the dealers here can back this up.
    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
    Gotta get away from here.
    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

60-65% seems to be about average for custom orders. Jackson shouldn't have much of a problem remaking that guitar, as long as you're willing to pay for it.

Comment

Great! I may start that process relatively soon. This particular wolf SL1 is one of two that I really want to round out my Jackson collection. The other is a PC1 either in chlorine or root beer. At that point, I will have every Jackson that I've ever wanted. Of course, that won't stop me from adding. I just won't be "thirsty" anymore, so to speak. Thanks C750 for the input. Did that mail arrive yet?

Comment

Wait, can we get confirmation, is it 60% or 40% off the list? Tom, I'm at the school right now but I am expecting the mail today! Will email you tonight...
          "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
          Gotta get away from here.
          Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
          Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

I think the previous post meant 60% of the quote, i.e., 40% off of the quote. At least that's the way I interpret it. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Yes, the actual price is close to 40% less than the form quote, or rather, the retail price is *genrally* 60% of the quoted price.

If all you want is the graphic and splittable hums, get a stock black SL2H and have GMW do the graphic, then put in two push/pull knobs to split the pickups.

Newc
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Newc,
                That's a good idea but I was wanting the paw-print inlays, prints on the back of the neck, painted pickups. In other words, I guess I want an exact copy of the NAMM guitar I saw. That simplifies it. Thanks guys.

Comment

Ah - I forgot about the inlays [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Newc
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by tmdiamond:
                    In other words, I guess I want an exact copy of the NAMM guitar I saw. That simplifies it. Thanks guys.
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Is that guitar already sold? Maybe it's still available? Did you check for it?

[ November 06, 2003, 06:02 AM: Message edited by: Toby ]

Comment

I think it was made for the 98 NAMM but I'll have to check for sure. I'm pretty sure it's been sold for a long time but I guess I should check into it. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                      X