Is this something to get? Japanese Soloist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is this something to get? Japanese Soloist

Well, sharkfins isn't a must have. But I see it as a bonus if a guitar has it though [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Anyway, I'm gonna speak with the guy who had that Flametop Sol..Dinky about payment and stuff. Also I want see it before I give him the cash. Don't want to get ****ed in the ass. Honesty and Internet you know [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Again, thanks for all the advices. They've been VERY helpful [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

[ November 10, 2003, 09:40 AM: Message edited by: Breadfan ]

Comment

I'd forget about correcting the seller. As Lerxst said, he may just resent it and get p!ssed at you.

And in the greater scheme of things, it doesn't really matter. As long as it doesn't unnecessarily inflate the price of the guitar, let him call it a Soloist - you already know better, and after you buy it (should you decide to go ahead with the deal) then you can show all your friends your new Dinky. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
      Hail yesterday

Comment

That's a desert crackle Charvel 475 - excellent guitars and if you don't need 24 frets, I'd say it's a better deal than a new DK2.
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

The seller has changed the ad. Now it says just Jackson Professional.. And I didn't tell him anything

Wierd lol

Comment

I would also rather have a 475 than a new DK2--475 has real mother-of-pearl inlays and a much superior Schaller Floyd. The only advantage the DK2 has (for me) is 24 frets and an unfinished neck.

Comment

That's true, and it's the need for 24 frets that makes me choose the DK-2. I just don't buy guitars without 24 frets anymore. 22 seems a minimum to me, and I have never liked 21-fret guitars. It's why I had a Mustang instead of a Strat even back when I was a kid. Never cared for Prepros or any 21-fret Charvels for that reason too, no matter how much they
              are valued. If I were wealthy and could collect guitars I wouldn't play, maybe then, but to me 24 frets is just natural for a guitar. Nothing aganst others who feel differently, but to me 2 full octaves on the board is sensible, aesthetically pleasing and more useful.
              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
              X