Interesting Jackson shape........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting Jackson shape........

Can anyone identify it? Looks a little unorthodox, and I don't think I've ever seen one with this body shape before.

Re: Interesting Jackson shape........

I've never seen one either [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Hmm, after looking at it for a little bit, I'm convinced that it's a hacked away Stealth. Why? Because it reminds me of a black Jackson Stealth where I could see the grain in the wood. That particular Stealth looked like it had black varnish over the wood, and this one looks like the one I saw. The only difference is that it looks like somebody shrunk the body on this one a little bit.

Comment

I'm with NOTP, except that the neck doesn't match with the stealth. The Trem bar is a little weird too. So it's a mutt. That's my guess.

[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
        Facebook - Youtube

Comment

That gentlemen is the SDK2.

Super Dinky... I'm not sure what the finish is called. But I think it's Cobalt Satin.

SDK2
          Intro: 1996
          Disc: 1998

Made in Japan
          Pickups: Armstrong JP11, Armstrong JS1, Armstrong JP10

Controls: Volume / Tone / 5-Way Blade switch

Bridge: JT580LP

Body: Poplar or Ash
          Neck: Maple with Rosewood or Maple fingerboard.
          Occupy JCF

Comment

Considering the establishment where it's being sold. I'm not surprised it's a mutt.

Make sure you know the guitar you are buying.

They are vintage freaks and have a certain amount of disdain for shred guitars. ( even though they sell them)

I know of at least one non-logo'd guitar in the store that has magically re-appeared WITH a logo. and it's not the guitar its sold as.

All that said, they sometimes sell nice axes for cheap cause they don't care.. sometimes.

Buyer beware tho.

Comment

Hey Tekky, it sounds like you're working on something! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by TEKKY:
                I'm not sure what the finish is called. But I think it's Cobalt Satin.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">nah, not Cobalt Satin. Cobalt is a blue finish, which I reckon looks cooler than this black one. I think the finish on this guitar was called Graphite. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                Hail yesterday

Comment

oops. wrong thread.

[ November 10, 2003, 01:51 AM: Message edited by: PaddoK ]

Comment

Yep, Graphite SDK2. That head is what they came with (first appearance, IIRC).

Newc
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

There was one of those at the Arlington guitar show. The price tag said $500, IIRC, but I don't know if it sold and what for. I'd snap it up at that price. You could do worse, in any case.

Comment

They did some different body styles and finishes around that time. My USA DR2 is Cobalt Blue Satin over ash, which is what the SDK2 is also. I played a USA SDK1 that was Orange Satin, truly an abomination! The DR5 Pro also was available in Graphite Satin.

I dig that body shape and the 3+3 headstock, just for something different.
                        sigpic

Comment

OK, I wasn't sure about that graphic/finish. Now that you say it, I'll agree that it's graphite. Interesting enough for me, a guitar just like this was close to being my first Jackson. At Guitar Center, they had one of these and a Dinky Reverse (with a maple fretboard) hanging on the wall. I played them both and in the end the look of the Dinky Reverse won out.
                          Occupy JCF

Comment

The necks on those guitars can also be used to belt out a few homers at the ball field. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] And I heard they were therapy for Weight Watchers on account of their being so FAT! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                            "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                            Gotta get away from here.
                            Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                            Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Well, there's the HSH config I wanted. But it has a trem. BOO!! [img]graemlins/baby.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X