LTD Body Material, warrenty and other question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LTD Body Material, warrenty and other question

Actually I have a several questions. First of all though I’m new to this site and really hope I’m posting this to the correct forum. My name is Jerry Eakin. I've been playing guitar since 1984. I play a Randy Rhoads limited Addition #46, A RR3R, A RWR , a Kelly, and a pair of 80's import Charvels. (Among other guitars that I’ll not mention here [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

So my question is, I have one of the Jackson Randy Rhoads Limited Additions. I was curious if anyone knew what the actual body material for that guitar was. So far all I have heard is "Well it might be alder or it might be this or that" which doesn't help.

Next question is about the warranty info. I literally drove to the post office when I sent my warranty card in, but I was never able to verify that Jackson received it. When I emailed them a couple years back they put me through to a Shawn or Shannon in the custom shop who answered the phone, sat it down to 'check' when I repeated my question about the warranty card and an hour later the phone got hung up with out anyone ever coming back (I wasn't happy about that) So is there someone I can contact to find out if they do in fact have my warranty info. It's probably not a big deal 13 years down the road but, it's a question I would like answered.

Question about the RWR(Roswell Rhoads) I have one and I recently saw something that said it was a limited run. Was it in fact a limited run or did it just fail to sell and get discontinued? Right now the guitar holds little value to me, but if there's anything special or worth while in keeping it I will.

Randy Rhoads question. Is there anywhere outside the Jackson custom shop I can get a replacement pick guard for a RR guitar. I have a serious issue with the current set up of it (I actually use my toggle as a kill switch and it would be put to better use in the slot where my neck pickup volume is. The holes are all different sizes, I could just drill it out but I’d also like to get a different looking pick guard anyway.

thanks
    -jerry
    In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Re: LTD Body Material, warrenty and other question

Good question dude. I have 6 LTD's so I should know, but I can only guess also. Anyone?

If you want to sell your LTD, email me. I'm looking for two more. Thanks.

[email protected]

http://www.collectguitars.com/Gear/BColeman.htm

Comment

welcome!

the LTDs have a maple center with alder wings.

the aluminum roswells are rather collectible, and go for around 3k + on ebay. unless you're newc and have a horseshoe in your ass. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

sully
      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
      Sully Guitars on Facebook
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

For the pickguard....check out our own Budman of JCF fame. He makes super high quality replacement parts (pup rings, control cavity covers etc.)

I am sure that he could do whatever you needed him to do for you.

Comment

The Roswell Rhoads you have is a very unnatractive, unwanted model that sold very badly. I can help you get rid of it if you like.

Also, Randy's White V was meant to have maple sides, along with the maple center. That's what it says in an 84 Guitar World centre spread on his two Jacksons.

Comment

yes, randy's was all maple, but the ltds were maple/alder...

but now that i think of it, vic has a point... those metal roswells...well, yeah...they really AREN'T worth more than 100 -150 or so... lemme know and i'll paypal it to ya! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

sully
            Sully Guitars on Google+
            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Cool, That you for the info on the ltd. The roswell i have is one of the wood ones. not the aluminum (sadly) but the going price for the aluminim one is good to know.

Originally posted by jsullysix:
              welcome!

the LTDs have a maple center with alder wings.

the aluminum roswells are rather collectible
              sully
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

Comment

oh! i had one of those roswells.... i miss it. nice thin necks on those things.

sully
                Sully Guitars on Google+
                Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I want a roswell so bad. I have seen a good 30 in my time on ebay and I cannot think of one time I had money when one went. Watch your spelling...racer will ***** to no ind abot gramhar rrerors, he doznt lik them.

Comment

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Welcome, new *addition*!

Heh.
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I don't know how i missed this when i first read through these. Cool, I will try to contact him soon about it.

Thanks for you info!!
                      -jerry

Comment

Hey Jerry I sent you a Personal Message.
                        According To The Prophecy

Comment

I just wanted to avoid any more confusion. I'm actually not looking to sell the RWR. It's already promises away to someone (If I get rid of it at all.) I wasn't sure if this guitar held any real value or if this wooden version was a failed model. Like I said, someone had called it a limited run which made it sound like it was rare is a positive way [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks for all the info on the LTD.

Originally posted by Jerry Eakin:

Question about the RWR(Roswell Rhoads) I have one and I recently saw something that said it was a limited run. Was it in fact a limited run or did it just fail to sell and get discontinued? Right now the guitar holds little value to me, but if there's anything special or worth while in keeping it I will.
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

Comment

Put it on Ebay and watch the fight ensue - I got a Grover Jackson Roswell for about $450 with case last year (made for the Japanese market only, had a pointy headstock and dot inlays), and then ran across a wood Roswell (Japanese made for the US/Euro market, crop circles and Roswell headstock) for the same price [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] It nearly killed me to throw that much cash out in such a short time but I'm glad I did [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Both versions play like a dream - Drake is soon to be in receipt of the Grover, BTW [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

And yes, I had a horseshoe up my ass when I got an aluminum Roswell for $645 shipped (it had a broken neck) and then found a genuine replacement neck for $350 [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                            But after a few swigs of prune juice I dislodged the horseshoe and missed the $355 USA Korina King V with broken head which would have cost ALL OF $250 to fix [img]graemlins/images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Ah well, they say I can't have all the good ones [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
                            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                            X