first post, saying hi.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first post, saying hi.

Just introducing myself. This is my first post. I have been reading the forum for a long time now, but I never got around to joining. The forum is awesome.

I have been playing Metal for years and years now, some of my current favorite bands are Nile, Immolation, Zyklon, Immortal, Emperor, Dimmu, Behemoth, Vehemence, Heaven Shall Burn, Marduk, etc.

My current guitars:
    1983 Gibson V, I am the original owner, I was very young when I bought it and it was my first “real” guitar. It is in perfect shape except for the drawing of Sergeant D that I did and taped on in-between the pups (seemed like a good idea at the time, lol )

1985 King V. San Dimas early prod, original old-style floyd, 22 frets. The color is red. It is in incredible shape considering the age. It plays itself. The thing is solid as a tank and weighs a ton. Great 80’s thrash crunch out of this though. Definitely an Exodus Fabulous Disaster crunch from this one. Awesome piece that I will own forever. Incredible guitar.

Newer Korina KV. You guys know the specs. Great guitar. Great tone for Black Metal. Even when playing a big chord, the notes almost stand out individually rather than one big chord. Almost like different people were playing one note each. (kinda hard to describe). Great axe though. Emperor type riffs sound great with it.

2003 BC Rich Art series Skull Pile. 24 frets, bolt on unfinished neck etc. I just bought this because I liked the look (all over skulls with flames at the bottom tips), and just planned to hang it on my wall. However I play this one all the time now. It has a great feeling neck, very flat, fast and thin (thinner and flatter than the Jackson neck). It also has and insane crunch to it. It certainly isn’t built to the quality of the Jackson’s, but I was surprised at how much I liked it. It weighs almost nothing, even compared to the Korina V. It is huge too, waaayy bigger than the Jackson V. It was my first BC Rich. I have been thinking about getting a Beast to beat on/ gig with etc. It’s just an all around awesome guitar for a cheap price (paid $289 on Ebay!!!!)

2002 BC Rich Ironbird. All black, 24 frets. Great shape. I find it very comfortable to play, even sitting down. I guess growing up with a V has something to do with it.

I know the first comments are always “post pics of the guitars”, I have some shots of them, but I don’t have any server space to host them on. If anyone can host them for me I will gladly send them the pics to post.

Well that’s the basics. Talk to everyone soon.

Re: first post, saying hi.

Nice to meet you! Cool guitars, your articulation is appreciated, and welcome!

Cheers,
    Nick

Comment

cool sh-it man Welcome ! //Steve

Comment

Welcome man, sweet axes you got.

I suggest you register at http://www.photobucket.com it's free and easy.

Comment

Or, if you have a Yahoo! E-mail account, you are also given 30MB of web space to create your own web page.
          Occupy JCF

Comment

Hey.
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
            X