WRMG, what do you think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WRMG, what do you think?

Has anyone played a WRMG? I was thinking about getting a Warrior. If the WRMG is any good I could save a lot money buying one of those instead of a WR1. How are the EMG HZ humbuckers? Does the “active Turbocharger boost” really do anything?

The neck looks pretty fast. I don’t mind the piranha teeth either.

Re: WRMG, what do you think?

I thought it played alright, as good as any Jackson import I have played. I like the EMG-HZ pickups, however the turbocharger is another story. The turbocharger does work. Personally I don't think it is neccessary, unless you have an old Fender or Marshal amp from the '60s that doesn't have alot of gain. I think it supplies to much gain for modern amps and it gets a bit noisy.

I will say that if you have the funds to get the WR1 I think that would be a better route to go.
    KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
    I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

There's also the WRXT; it has sharkfins and is priced similarly to the MG. Personally I don't like the pirahna inlays.
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Here's a cool pic of a WRMG with a few dollars worth of White tape. Looks cool to me:

Comment

I've got a WRXT and it rocks like hell [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
          The XT body is very resonant and comfortable [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Newc
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I love the Pirhana inlays and bound neck, I should try one of those soon. How much are they on average in Black of course? Thanks-Jack.

Comment

I think that tape job looks awesome!! Thanks for the pic. Guess I need to go play one. Not sure what I want to get next, WR1, MG, Beast, decisions, decisions. Another forum member posted that BC Rich was going to make a Sig series for Eric Rutan (spl?), that would jump to the top of my list. Thanks for all the replies.

Comment

I had a WRMG. Very nice guitar. I think it looked nicer than the WRXT. I really think the WRXT's chrome hardware makes it look like cheap knockoff JMHO. The pickups were nice too, I really liked the turbocharger. If look around you should find a cheap one. I bought mine for $200 without case and sold it for $300 with case.
                Damn, I love this Interweb.

Comment

Wow! $200? Did you find it on Ebay? Where did you get it. I would pick one up in a second for $200. I just bought a BC Rich Beast, limited edition black with silver bevels so I really shouldn't be buying another guitar. But for $200 how could you pass that up? Let me know where you found that deal.

Comment

Working...
                  X