More praise for Kevin Easton of Easton Guitars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More praise for Kevin Easton of Easton Guitars

Ok, I got the replacement Roswell USA neck from Kevin today, along with a used Kelly case [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    Kevin Easton is The Man for the rest of 2003 [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I haven't put the Ros' head on the new neck yet, so that'll have to wait til the morning [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I do have a comment about Kelly cases - when they say form-fit, they MEAN form-fit [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    You guys know my "infamous" strap-button mod for Kelly's, right? (one on the edge of the neck heel and one on the end of the top rear bout). Well, these cases are not tolerant of that mod [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    But it's easy enough to overcome [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    Anyhoo, just wanted to publicly thank Kevin Easton of EastonGuitars.com for a great deal AND great service. Definitely a class-act [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Re: More praise for Kevin Easton of Easton Guitars

Are you going to post pics of the repaired Ros?
    "Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves!"

Comment

oh, hell yea! I wanna see some of Newc's World Famous Jumbo Size Extreme Close Ups posted on his World's Slowest Server before he sells that bad boy to Charvel750! [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
      Hail yesterday

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Wahahahahaha Gary!

He's got ya pegged, Newc!
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Get a sleeping bag and pillow and you can camp out in those Kelly cases! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG:
            oh, hell yea! I wanna see some of Newc's World Famous Jumbo Size Extreme Close Ups posted on his World's Slowest Server before he sells that bad boy to Charvel750! [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Har har dee har har! [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
            Remember, a critic is someone who can't afford or doesn't have what I have [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Oh hell yeah, just for that, I'm gonna do DOUBLE SIZE close-ups and post them on an even SLOWER server [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Newc
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam:
              Get a sleeping bag and pillow and you can camp out in those Kelly cases! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">When I had my Kelly it was a favorite spot for my cat to relax it...it was like a huge bed for him!!! I had to remember to shut it or else I'd get a case full 'o fur!!

Comment

Ok, you asked for it! Here are 45 dial-up-killing pics of the Roswell [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                You Curious Georges and Engineers might be interested to see the inner-workings of how the head attaches to the neck [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I feel sorry for anyone who replaces the electronics in one of these with active pickups - 6 allen screws to get the control cavity open [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img]

That damn UFO knob is the hardest thing to get a clear picture of [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Anyways, here's the completed shot:
                <CENTER></CENTER>

The rest are here:
                http://autumn-frost.com/RSW014/1
                and there:
                http://autumn-frost.com/RSW014/2
                and here:
                http://autumn-frost.com/RSW014/3
                and there:
                http://autumn-frost.com/RSW014/4
                and here:
                http://autumn-frost.com/RSW014/5

Have fun [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Newc

[ November 12, 2003, 11:01 PM: Message edited by: TEKKY ]

Comment

Man score of the century thats sweet man [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Newc, good one! I didn't know Kevin had any of those Roswell necks. Do you mind if I ask you how many

***pesos
                    ***franks
                    ***quid
                    ***shillings
                    ***lyre
                    ***Euros

it cost you? Don't bother with dollar amounts, no one here cares about US currency anymore...

[img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
                    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                    Gotta get away from here.
                    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

WOW!
                      Nice score Newc. Congrats!!

Comment

Joe - the neck was $350 [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Thanks fellers [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Newc

Comment

[img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] Newc [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
                          Hail yesterday

Comment

Well thanks, Newc! You gave me the price in the least commonly used currency on the JCF! Come on, brothas, what's that in the new $?!

Sorry, I just had to in response to my roasting! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                            "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                            Gotta get away from here.
                            Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                            Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Lucky Bastard [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img] *grumble*

Comment

Working...
                              X