Serial number discrepancies??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serial number discrepancies??

I just realized that the serial number on my brand new Jackson Explorer is J6737.
    My SL2GX, which was made almost two years ago, is J6767.
    Why does a two year old guitar have a higher serial number?

Re: Serial number discrepancies??

Oooops!

Comment

Maybe your new Explorer was made a couple years ago, but not finished. Then YOU ordered one, and then it was finished????? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Just a guess.
      Scott
      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

It's probably not a big deal. When did you order the Explorer? Remember, Jackson was taking much, much longer on custom orders then.

[ November 12, 2003, 09:33 AM: Message edited by: shreddermon ]

Comment

I have a Soloist with an "RR" serial number.

Comment

I'd go with Shreddermon's idea - the SL2GX was not too different from a standard SL2 as far as work involved to convert an SL2 template to the GX, whereas the Explorer was made from the ground up, thus it takes longer.

Newc
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I bought the SL2GX from Chuckracer in August 2002, and he was the second owner by that point.
              If I remember correctly, the Rootbeer SL2GXs were shipped in early 2002. So I had it in my possesion
              for several months before I placed my order for the Explorer in February 2003, a full year after
              the SL2GX series were completed. The Explorer was finished in September 2003.
              I always assumed that Jackson stamped the SN when the guitar was completed.
              Anybody have any idea if this is true or not?

I guess I'm not thrilled with the idea that my Explorer was already partially started before
              I placed my order, IF that is the case.
              All in all though, it's not really that big a deal.
              It's just that the SN seemed a little screwy to me.

Comment

It's a curious question, but more like interesting trivia about how serial #s are assigned than anything to be concerned about. J6672 was delivered to me in April, so not too far off from your Explorer's #.

[ November 12, 2003, 12:14 PM: Message edited by: shreddermon ]

Comment

Working...
                X