Essential Zakk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Essential Zakk

[img]graemlins/help.gif[/img] OK, maybe I'm behind the curve here a little, but I was just introduced to Black Label Society. I'm going to pick up at least one cd this weekend, but where do I want to start? If there are any bls fans that can give me the highlights of their catalog?

[ November 12, 2003, 11:21 AM: Message edited by: Rollin' Thunder ]
    How do you think we fund this organization? We're not exactly the March of Dimes.

Re: Essential Zakk

1919 Eternal is the best start

Comment

1919 is the first one I got, a great intro to BLS. I just picked up Blessed Hellride and Sonic Brew last week. Blessed Hellride is the stronger of the two, at least as good as 1919 Eternal. I hear the Stronger than Death is also a great album. Honestly, I don't think you can go wrong.

Comment

Stronger Than Death is my favorite - probably the heaviest riffs IMHO. But all of them are good. If you like one, you'll probably like all.

[ November 12, 2003, 05:02 PM: Message edited by: chris_olson ]

Comment

They're all good, but Stronger Than Death and 1919 are my favorites. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

stronger than death rocks.. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Right on. Thanks for all the opinions. I'll see what I can find when I go out this weekend. I may have to order some of the older stuff off of amazon, but from what I've heard thus far it'll be worth the wait.
              How do you think we fund this organization? We're not exactly the March of Dimes.

Comment

STRONGER THAN DEATH!!!!!!! haha ok, with that said I need to buy more Zakk stuff. I've always loved Hetfields play... yeah yeah yea, but man I tell you Zakk wylde gives me an all time new love to play guitar. I just recently bought a $10 ozzy dvd.. what was it live at budakon or budapest (one of thsoe) and man I just watch Zakk play and get all hyped up.

I need to get me a BLS dvd.

Comment

Originally posted by Marshall tone:
                  STRONGER THAN DEATH!!!!!!! haha ok, with that said I need to buy more Zakk stuff. I've always loved Hetfields play... yeah yeah yea, but man I tell you Zakk wylde gives me an all time new love to play guitar. I just recently bought a $10 ozzy dvd.. what was it live at budakon or budapest (one of thsoe) and man I just watch Zakk play and get all hyped up.

I need to get me a BLS dvd.
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The DVD is killer! Get it - you'll love it. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

On a side note, I read that Ozzy has Buckethead warming up with his band in case Zakk can't get his drinking under control. Buckethead can play, but I can't see him with Ozzy.

Comment

Buckethead is a local boy and buckethead can play is an understatment. I wish I could play like that. Dana

Comment

Originally posted by chris_olson:
                        The DVD is killer! Get it - you'll love it. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah I'd love to get it!!

Comment

Isn't Newstead with Ozzy now? I read somewhere he brought him on board, but SHaron wasn't rel happy about it.

Comment

Newstead is with Voivod but also was helping Ozzy out. I don't think he's permanent in Ozzy's band, but who knows?
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

the blessed hellride rules ! thats where I'd start man ! the old blk label I am not a big fan of cause there isn't enough Zakk harmonics lol those are my fave trademarks from him when I 1st heard blk label thats what I thought was where are all the ****ing crazy riffs man ! and the Zakk harmonics [and damn it thats what I am calling em from now on cause he's mastered em better than anyone else amen ! lol ] //Steve

Comment

Working...
                              X