• Show
Clear All

Re: Essential Zakk

[img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] DOOMSDAY JESUS .....rulz
    i love the pinch harmonics....

Comment

Originally posted by mattsmusiccenter:
      I'm pretty sure Newstead is permanent. There was a big article in Guitar World a while ago where ZW said him and Newstead were doing a lot of writing for the next album.
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Wow, cool! I must have missed that GW issue. I thought he was producing and staying in Voivod.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I'm pretty sure Newstead is permanent. There was a big article in Guitar World a while ago where ZW said him and Newstead were doing a lot of writing for the next album.
        Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Originally posted by Black_Label:
          [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] DOOMSDAY JESUS .....rulz
          i love the pinch harmonics....
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">yeah thats one of my faves [songs] too ! //Steve
          p.s. http://www.zakkwylde.com go to videos and click on that jimmy kinnel show clip it's ****ing funny what he says about fred durst hey ?

Comment

That's funny.
            How do you think we fund this organization? We're not exactly the March of Dimes.

Comment

BLS is great, but I'd check out Pride & Glory and Book of Shadows. They show off Zakk's real talent.

Comment

if you like zakk, you'll LOVE paul gilbert. check him out; his band's name is racer x. my favorite racer x cd is live at the whiskey snowball of doom. other noteables are technical difficulties and second heat. i love ALL racer x stuff!

Comment

[img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

WTF does Paul Gilbert/RacerX have to do with Zakk Wylde?? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Their playing is no where near similar in any respects....Paul Gilbert is a mega shredder, GIT trained, former Mr Big guitarist....

Zakk on the other hand, is more bluesy, wails like a banshee with the pentatonics and is buddies with Diamond Darrell of Pantera.

I don't get it [img]graemlins/refuse.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comparing them would be like comparing Christopher Parkening with Vernon Reed

Comment

I liked sonic brew the best out of all the BLS CDs...Possibly because it was the first one I got.

Comment

Originally posted by LesPaulCustom:
                      [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

WTF does Paul Gilbert/RacerX have to do with Zakk Wylde?? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Their playing is no where near similar in any respects....Paul Gilbert is a mega shredder, GIT trained, former Mr Big guitarist....

Zakk on the other hand, is more bluesy, wails like a banshee with the pentatonics and is buddies with Diamond Darrell of Pantera.

I don't get it [img]graemlins/refuse.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comparing them would be like comparing Christopher Parkening with Vernon Reed
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'd have to agree with you. Paul Gilbert doesn't have a place in this thread anywhere. These guys aren't even from the same planet. While I like Racer X, it doesn't share ANY common ground with Ozzy/Pride & Glory/Book of Shadows/Black Label. NONE. I mean, hell -- let's talk about the similarities between Metallica & Enuff Z'nuff...

Comment

Metallica and Enuff Z'nuff were both around in the 80's. Big similarity there. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Travis:
                          Metallica and Enuff Z'nuff were both around in the 80's. Big similarity there. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Heh...millions of comedians out of work, and look who's trying to be funny... [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

The similarities: Enuff Z'nuff were cheesey posers in the '80s... Metallica are cheesey posers now! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

In other related news, I picked up the BLS dvd tonight! It's killer!!!!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

[ November 18, 2003, 10:19 PM: Message edited by: toejam ]
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Don't forget that Zakk himself was a pretty-boy shredder back in the 80's before he went "biker" and joined Ozzy etc...

But their current music share no similarities of course!

Stillborn rocks, blessed hellride is IMHO better than 1919 eternal.....just my $0.02 [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

- Rune.

Comment

Originally posted by Rune The Axeman:
                                Don't forget that Zakk himself was a pretty-boy shredder back in the 80's before he went "biker" and joined Ozzy etc...
                                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ah, wait... Zakk was still a pretty boy AFTER joining Ozzy...the biker look came way later. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

http://www.metal-sludge.com/ExposedZakk.htm
                                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                                X