JT580LP tremolo ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JT580LP tremolo ?

I just got a new DK2S and it is equipped with a JP580LP teremolo.
    What do all of you think of this tremolo system?
    Should it be replaced? If so what seems to be the preferred tremolo system to install?
    Are there any tremolo systems that are direct bolt in which come in kits that the average owner can install him or herself?
    Thanks to everyone for your ideas and opinions.
    Keep on Rockin LABinOKC

Re: JT580LP tremolo ?

hi everyone, as far to my knowlage the JT580 is a Floyd Rose License of the Floyd Rose Pro, these are very good trems, as they are generally used o the better models.

If you have had it long, and are just generally unhappy with it go for the Real Floyd Rose, if you have recently bought the guitar it is probably too soon, to replace the unit, as they are of a good quality, and stay in tune.

I think you can also get an Ibanez lo-pro EDGE made by Gotoh which is also very highly thought of, but it is most likely a different size to the Floyd Pro.

i think the floyd Pro will be better, as it will be a straight foreward swap, but more experienced members, will have more information, on this subject. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I swapped mine out for an OFR from Carvin. I've heard negative reviews of the FR Pro, though.
      Nuthin beats the Original [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Newc
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Newc is right. OFR all the way if you decide to replace. Out of the 3 Jacksons I've owned I have only had one bad JT580LP. On the DK2 I have now and have had since March of 2002 the JT580LP is stable as hell and stays in tune fine. When it does crap out on me I will put an Origional Floyd Rose on it. I think by the time it does take a dump on me the frets will be worn out and it would be time to get another Jackson. Who knows. Anyway...........keep it for a while and see what it does. They are generaly good bridges. I have abused mine horribly and it always comes crawling back to me. I like the JT580LP.

Comment

Being an ibanez junky ... ii do know alot about the edge trem. Its one of the most stable trems to date. As far as a replacement on a jackson i have seen it done, but it does require a fair amount of hacking into the body to float properly. an OFR is definitly the best way to go, if your looking to replace what you have. Newer Ibanez trems, just plain suck. you cant get a good one made after 94 in my opinion, but the jackson trems have always seemd to be stable to me, although a bit stiff for my taste.

Comment

suck? the zero rocker trem is ****ing awesome, a very good desing

Comment

im not talking about the Zero rocker im talking about that piece of EDGE PRO Crap they have the nerev to say is better than the oricinal edge.. .....As for the TREMELO MADE BY ROBOTS FROM VENUS, it is cool. heavy as hell but it does work awsome

Comment

for the extra $150 you would spend on a $450 axe a OFR it is a real good idea,even though the 580lp is not junk. you are just making a good guitar even better.
                like the duncan designed pups in the DK-2 even though they are not junk either,i like the USA duncans much better [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by LABinOKC:
                  I just got a new DK2S and it is equipped with a JP580LP teremolo.
                  What do all of you think of this tremolo system?
                  Should it be replaced? If so what seems to be the preferred tremolo system to install?
                  Are there any tremolo systems that are direct bolt in which come in kits that the average owner can install him or herself?
                  Thanks to everyone for your ideas and opinions.
                  Keep on Rockin LABinOKC
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">here ya go! http://www.jcfonline.com/ubb/noncgi/...c;f=3;t=000472

http://www.jcfonline.com/cgi-bin/ult...=000398#000000

Comment

Working...
                  X