Trying to find out a model ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to find out a model ??

I have this jackson i jusy bought, and mabe you guys could help me. Its a standard strat shape. Translucent white (Which i have never seen on a jackson before) Maple neck and board with reverse headstock, and black dot inlay. It has a single humbucker. with a black ring. Silver hardware. Jackson standard tuners. What i believe is a graphite nut, and a wilkinson bridge. If anyone can place this guitar for me i would be much appreciative. i have never seen another jackson like it and the playability and tone are 2nd to none. Being an Ibanez afficianato, its rare that i purchase anything but 80's RG's and Jems. But this guitar is an amazing tone machine, and the most exciting jackson i have ever seen or heard.

Re: Trying to find out a model ??

Sounds like a JRS2. I believe one of the administrators here, Tekky, has one of those. They were available with both maple and rosewood boards. Here's a couple Harmony Central reviews. http://www.harmony-central.com/Guita...n/JRS2-01.html

BTW, welcome to the board! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

[ November 12, 2003, 06:32 PM: Message edited by: toejam ]
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Thanks man .. i appreciate it ... Was the reanslucent white a production color. Cause ive searched the webn high and low, and cant find any other people witht he same guitar?

Comment

No problem. They're ash bodies, the paint is translucent so you can see the nice wood grain pattern underneath. I believe the white was called trans blonde, if I remember correctly. I don't think there were many of those models made.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Well then im taking it i got a deal on it. $200 cause its got a slight finish flaw ... It looks like when they shipped it. The trem bar was on top on the body, and the laquer got the impression of the trem bar in it. You can only see it if you angle the guitar in the light just right ... Amazing axe ... Im totally impressed. With the declining quality of Ibanez this just might make me a Jackson Convert...lol

[ November 12, 2003, 06:52 PM: Message edited by: guitarguru777 ]

Comment

The JRS-2 is a great guitar. I saw mine in the window of a music-go-round that was just closing. They opened the door and 2 minutes later I had plastic on the counter.

<center></center>
            Occupy JCF

Comment

I got a buddy comming over with a digital camera to get some shots of this guitar, for all you guys that have never seen a Transucelt white one.
              i might even enter it for guitar of the month ... lol

Comment

Working...
              X