Doug Aldrich Jackson - Ever made?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doug Aldrich Jackson - Ever made?

Was a doug aldrich jackson ever made? I have just been surfing on his site, and someone mentioned they bought a signiture neck from ebay. Did a search on the web and found info about it, but nothing about if it made production or not. It looked a sweet axe though!

The page i found said it had a bolt on w/ "special" heel cut??? Would this be a sculpted heel? I didnt know jackson ever did that?

Re: Doug Aldrich Jackson - Ever made?

They made 2 or 3 versions in Japan (under the name Grover Jackson) with funky colors paint jobs.

Comment

this is what i know mr beard, they make them for sale in the japanese market only. i'm gonna try and post this link for you. web page hopefully it works. they have some of his guitars on here from time to time. and frankly, i would not mind having one of his guitars.

Garry [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Hey guys......

Check out:

http://www.jacksonguitar.org/gtr/dougp.html

and

http://www.jacksonguitar.org/gtr/dougc.html

These are from the 1993 Japan Market catalog.

Yours truly,
        Mr Metal

Comment

I'm not SURE regarding the Jacksons, but my guitar teacher knows the guy that was Whitesnake's Tour Manager for this last US Tour {BEFORE the "Monsters Of Rock" - UK & Europe swing}...and we got to spend an hour or so with Doug and Reb during sound check and hanging out backstage {BOTH are SUPER, EASY-GOIN' NICE GUYS - it was like you were B.S.ing with local guys you grew up with}

I was standing in the tuning room with my EYES like DINNER PLATES - SALIVATING over a KILLER REAL 1959 Les Paul Butterscotch Flametop of Doug's, and he said - "GO AHEAD - GRAB 'ER and LIGHT 'ER UP !!!!" [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

I picked it up like it was a control rod at Three Mile Island, and...

...I WANNA TELL YOU...

ABSOLUTE BUTTA !!!!!!

The TONE just OOZED OUTTA THIS THING - like HONEY offa the corner of a PIECE of TEXAS TOAST !!!!

...and HARMONICS at LITERALLY EVERY FRET !!!

a SA-WEEEETER LES PAUL I have NEVER PICKED UP !!!!

Comment

Jackson made four Doug Aldrich signature series guitars. They were only released in Japan. Two of them came with Ebony necks and the other two with rosewood necks. They were all bolt on Dinky/Soloist style bodies. I met Doug Aldrich back in '91 when he was playing with Hurricane and his guitar tech at the time showed me the prototypes. Some ten years later, I was fortunate enough to acquire one (Blue/Green Psyco)...great guitar. It has scalloped frets from 12-24. I picked up an ebony neck from one of his customs to replace the rosewood neck but it was warped beyond repair. Check out this link for more details:

http://dougaldrich.cool-rock.com/gujc.html

Comment

Sorry....forgot to post a pic.

Comment

Check Doug out on DIO's EVIL OR DEVINE dvd he smokes thru the whole thing.He is playing fender strats but who cares.Its a great dvd.My 20 year old daughter knows what to get the old man for his birthday. The scalloped fret board thing being done in japan as an option makes me wonder if the model 2 I have(87)with a scalloped fret board is original.It is scalloped from the 7th thru 22nd fret very nicely done all dots are uniform no filler.Was it possible to order a model series with an option like this? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

[ November 17, 2003, 06:22 AM: Message edited by: Richard ]
                Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by Doc Dryer:
                  I'm not SURE regarding the Jacksons, but my guitar teacher knows the guy that was Whitesnake's Tour Manager for this last US Tour {BEFORE the "Monsters Of Rock" - UK & Europe swing}...and we got to spend an hour or so with Doug and Reb during sound check and hanging out backstage {BOTH are SUPER, EASY-GOIN' NICE GUYS - it was like you were B.S.ing with local guys you grew up with}

I was standing in the tuning room with my EYES like DINNER PLATES - SALIVATING over a KILLER REAL 1959 Les Paul Butterscotch Flametop of Doug's, and he said - "GO AHEAD - GRAB 'ER and LIGHT 'ER UP !!!!" [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

I picked it up like it was a control rod at Three Mile Island, and...

...I WANNA TELL YOU...

ABSOLUTE BUTTA !!!!!!

The TONE just OOZED OUTTA THIS THING - like HONEY offa the corner of a PIECE of TEXAS TOAST !!!!

...and HARMONICS at LITERALLY EVERY FRET !!!

a SA-WEEEETER LES PAUL I have NEVER PICKED UP !!!!
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I saw him play that guitar when I saw him with Whitesnake on the east coast leg of that tour....his tone was unbelievable....lit up the whole damn place with both his leads and rythm playing. Amazing guitar player no doubt.

And there's nothing more I like than a good piece of Texas Toast so that's a good description there!!!!

Comment

thanks for all the info guys. What other models did/does jackson make for the japanese market? do they have a japanese website like ESPeepee and others do?

Comment

Here's a link to a japanese music shop selling some Jacksons [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

http://ikebe-gakki.com/shopping_00.php?state=1

Also check out the Comparison Guitars ( pretty cool IMHO )

Steve

Comment

Also check out the EVH stuff ( change the drop down list No 10 to 50 and click bottom right blue button for the full list ) [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

An EVH Destroyer would cost you 268,000 Yen ( thats about $2500 )

Steve

Comment

Does anybody know of one of those japanese sites that will ship to the USA ?

Comment

Originally posted by madhuskey:
                            Also check out the EVH stuff ( change the drop down list No 10 to 50 and click bottom right blue button for the full list ) [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

An EVH Destroyer would cost you 268,000 Yen ( thats about $2500 )

Steve
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">they spell it FRANCKY on VH's strats [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I have a Doug Aldrich Signature guitar Body only.
                              It is the expensive one and in Green/Purple ish finish.
                              Has Jackson/Schaler Bridge, Push switch, and 1 Vol.I have the pickups(both Duncans) from the body but not installed.
                              The body has some paint chips but great for a project guitar if you can find a 24fret Jackson neck for like $100-150.
                              I can sell the body with parts for $300 shipped.
                              Serial # is 12(this tells there aren't that many DA models).

I can take some pics, if interested.

Thanks

[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X