Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EastonGuitars and Matt'sMusic pages down?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EastonGuitars and Matt'sMusic pages down?

So what's up? I tried to go to EastonGuitars.com and Mattsmusic.com and both are down or what?

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Re: EastonGuitars and Matt\'sMusic pages down?

Remember what I said about blocking an IP? [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
    Occupy JCF

Comment

I'm confused, what's up??

Dave->
      Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Both are working for me.

Comment

Yeah, that's what I meant. I must have missed a post.

Dave->
          Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Hmm. Had to shut off ZoneAlarm to get in [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
            I hate doing that, as it's like walking naked through an automated abbatoir [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

Newc
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

Firewalls ona non-hosting, average user pc...
              Not really much to be scared of, unless ya go out asking for it.

Windows is not very secure, but..

I do tech support for Comcast HSI...
              Ya have no idea how much **** firewalls create for stupid people.

Zonealarm being a better one, but still shoudl have a dumbass disclaimer.

"if you set yoru security settings to the max, and you cannot veiw a webpage, or conenct to a ftp, etc...do not call yoru ISP...use some common sense, dumbass"

I ****ing hate teir 1 techs that transfer calls to us, (I'm tier 2...highest level before escalation to server-end techs), and don't tell the sub to turn the firewall off...

Mcafee is by far the worst, folloed by norton.

Rant on...

Comment

See what gets me is site programmers who put codes in sites that say basically "you can't come here unless you accept my cookie, and my cookie has tracking code that tells me where you've been, where you're going, and what info you type into a text box (such as CC numbers, passwords, etc etc), and we promise not to share your info - you can trust me, I'm an anonymous person on the internet".

And I sincerely hope the "dumbass" comment was not directed at me. I am far from a computer dumbass. When I set ZA to accept certain cookies and block certain ads, popups, and other potentially malicious code, I expect those items to be bypassed, even if they are embedded in the page, not locked completely out of a site simply because I have 'Mobile Code' blocked. If I agree to accept Session and Persistent cookies, that should be enough to let me in the door. If I want to use a shopping cart or otherwise connect to the site securely, THEN is the time for the advanced code, but I damn sure do not trust every site I run across. Yeah I know I'm not running World Trade transactions on my pissy little home PC, but my privacy is far more important to me than the life of my next door neighbor, and I have the right to run a personal firewall to keep him, you, and everyone else out of my computer. I should NOT be denied access to ANY merchant/publicly accessible website simply because I refuse a cookie or to allow a script to be run on my computer. I know exactly what types of codes and scripts can be dumped onto a computer in ONE cookie - I've spent months digging through texts on some of the scariest sites you'll ever see.

But all that aside, I see no reason to be blocked out of two merchant sites simply because I run a firewall. Seems like the guy that built the site has something to hide?

And by the way, are you aware that almost everyone's avatar here is calling a cookie from the site it's hosted on, and in turn that cookie sends ad tracking info? ZoneAlarm clearly shows that.

Newc

[ November 20, 2003, 11:37 PM: Message edited by: Newc ]

Comment

You make many valid points...

No, dude..the dumbass comment was not directed at you. I am sorry if I presented it with even the slightest bit of possibilities.

Most of it was just venting work frustrations.
                  Actually, none of it was directed at you.

Comment

[img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Just kind of a thought/rambling. Why is it these sites can pull this kind of crap. I mean if I want to walk into a store to browse around I dont have to give them any info (where I was before, my CC #, any passwaords, etc). I'm not big on internet shopping, but non the less, I dont think my computer needs to scanned/checked for info by any site.
                      KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
                      I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

Newc, you are waaaaayyyy to paranoid, dude. You are a prime candidate for Linux! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

If you are for whatever reason pinging the servers with your firewall or somthing, stop it. I ran nmap on Kevin's site and unless I disable server pinging, it won't allow the connection.

Also, keep in mind that it is YOUR computer that is blocking the traffic, not THEIR server STOPPING you. I'm running through a firewall, through a router, and don't have any problems at any sites whatsoever.

BTW, ZoneAlarm sucks. I tried that thing on several occasions and preferred to just let anyone in my computer's ass that wanted in instead of bothering with that POS.

/me hugs Linux [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

A decade of bad coding practices is now wreaking havoc across the web. Thousands of sites have become unviewable by users who install firewalls on their PC's. The complete lack of concern by programmers/coders/software mfgs over coding standards/best practices is reaching critical mass - costing web commerce sites big $$$$.

The fix is easy. If admins would TEST THEIR FRIGGIN SITES, these probs would all but dissapear. If site developers would STICK TO W3C STANDARDS, there prolly wouldn't be a prob to start with. Unfortunately most testing consists of "...well it works on my workstation, and on the boss' system - and loads nice and fast (across the company LAN)...it's good to go!".

[stopping here....rant aborted..... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] ...]
                          750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
                          Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

Originally posted by GWARGHOUL:

I do tech support for Comcast HSI...
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">How much of a bribe to turn off my limiters? [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Soory guys, I don't use anyones cookies to track anything. If my site is collecting cookie info it's probably on my hosts end. However, I do enjoy eating cookies, so if anyone has some to share, send 'em on over!

[img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                              Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Working...
                              X