Expanding the line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Expanding the line

I wish they would've endorsed Bleeding Through...an up and coming band who was already playing Jacksons and Charvels, playing great music to boot. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Re: Expanding the line

So, it sounds like the bottom line is marketing, more than what Jackson is producing. Guitar makers sell a lot of 'image', I guess.

For example, I find it amusing that PRS is now known as the 'nu-metal/whatever they're calling it this week' guitar, when I always thought of it as the "Carlos Santana guitar"--in fact, Carlos was the reason I got my first PRS, back when most of the nu-metal guys were in nappies. Obviously, PRS did a very good job of getting their guitars into the hands of young players and getting away from the perception that they were strictly boutique guitars for wealthy old fogies still focused on blues-rock.

Obviously, Jackson (Fender) needs to work on getting guitars into the hands of young influential players, whatever their genre. That is the *only* way that Jacksons will shed the '80s image. Certainly losing the things that make a Jackson different that Gibson or PRS won't accomplish that, and would only serve to water the brand down.

Comment

Working...
      X