Ibabez RHOADS ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ibabez RHOADS ?

Annah 's got one of those thingys. I don't remember if its a neck thru though. If I remember correctly it was her main guitar for a while too.
    Gil

Comment

Yep, Gil. For 15 yrs that was my main axe. I still have it, but one of the saddles is broken. I had scalloped the frets from 12 on up. It was a pretty good guitar. Bolt-on neck.

I used BL XL500's in the mine.

Comment

Originally posted by StuTDavis:
        Rattlehead,

Just curious here, do you like the Jackson RR? Because, if you do, it seems quite a huge leap to go from the original to a nearly exact copy with relatively minor differences, and suddenly it's "god awful hideous". I mean...it's just a little tiny cutout, and the headstock is different. Does it really change it THAT much in your mind? Not trying to be confrontational, just it seems a ridiculous, but funny, leap hehe.

Stu
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I have a Rhoads Pro. I think it is mainly the colour, pick guard, and slight proportional changes. Okay maybe it isn't "god awful hideous" but I don't like the look of it very much at all.

Comment

Originally posted by StuTDavis:
          it seems quite a huge leap to go from the original to a nearly exact copy with relatively minor differences, and suddenly it's "god awful hideous". I mean...it's just a little tiny cutout, and the headstock is different.
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Sorry to butt in here, but you'd also have to look at how the body is proportioned. The Jackson has much more elegant lines, with the lower edge of the wings arcing just slightly. I must agree that this Ibanez thing is much uglier than the Jackson, even when disregarding the headstock and the cutout.

'bane

Comment

Bah! The Jackso' will eat it for breakfast!! I BURY THOSE COCK-A-ROACHES!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Boxcar Willie 84:
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Not really. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Boxcar Willie 84:
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by toejam:
                  </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Sephiroth:
                  I had one for years exactly like that; even in the same color. The pick-ups are excellent and made Dimarzio X2N's to be my #1 favorite.
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Those Ibanez pickups are DiMarzio clones. The X2N doesn't come with silver bars on it. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">How old is the X2N? I always thought these Ibanezszss were designed and produced before the X2N came into existence.
                  Occupy JCF

Comment

I think X2N's first came about in '81-82...seems like I remember '82.

The 2660 is a rare bird, neck thru..very nice.

The 1660 is more common, their price on eBay has been as low as 100.00 for ones that need some work to 250.00 USD.

Comment

Is it just me?...or does this thread belong in the GBOM section? [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

LOL! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                      X