• Show
Clear All

• Ibabez RHOADS ?

hi there

so i was kinda shocked when i saw it :

http://www.chrisguitars.com/electric.html

pro line 1660

and http://www.chrisguitars.com/iban85pr1660.jpg

and then something different : i watched Cannibal Corpse's videoclip : "Staring through the eyes of the dead " and i saw another ibanez rhoads - with body , neck , headstock binding , floyd , ebony fingerboard ( i guess so )

WHAT I THAT?

i knew that kramer made rhoads style guitars( vanguard ) but this ?

Re: Ibabez RHOADS ?

I had one for years exactly like that; even in the same color. The pick-ups are excellent and made Dimarzio X2N's to be my #1 favorite. The cutaway at the base of the neck really helps with the high notes since it is a bolt-on. The neck is noticably thicker with smaller frets than a real Rhoads though. The trem, even though it's an Ibanez, was surprisingly stable to use. It's personally my favorite out of all the KO RR's. I still prefer the real ones though.

The rarest version of the Ibanez Rhoads KO's is a neck-thru though. I've only seen pics of one, and have never seen one up close.

Comment

Yep, the fancier one with the binding was a similar model number (same series obviously) like 2660, something like that. I had one of those for a while...very nice guitar, especially for the $250 I paid for it used hehehe. Definitely one of those situations where I could kick myself for having sold a guitar--DOH!

Stu

Comment

they play FAST! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Don't forget, Ibanez got their start by making copies of other companies guitars. There are a bunch of Ibanez copies of Strats, Les Pauls, Explorers, ES335's, ES175's, SG's, and others too.

Matt
          Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Prolines were designed to be high-end guitars. All had ebony fretboards (except the PR1550, which had maple), oiled maple necks, alder bodies (with the exception of the PR1880), the Pro-Rocker trem on the PR1440/1550/1660, the Edge on all others. The "PL" models were neck-through, the PL2550 and PL2660, the Rhoads-style being the PL2660. Very rare.

http://www.geocities.com/xcvxcv65/ib...L2550-2660.htm

[ November 22, 2003, 02:36 PM: Message edited by: The Eristic ]

Comment

Originally posted by Sephiroth:
              I had one for years exactly like that; even in the same color. The pick-ups are excellent and made Dimarzio X2N's to be my #1 favorite.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Those Ibanez pickups are DiMarzio clones. The X2N doesn't come with silver bars on it.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I had one of those myself, but it was Pepto Bismol Pink. Awesome guitar. Another one of the many guitars I wish I still had.
                Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by randyvanmalmsteen:
                  they play FAST! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">They sure do. I don't know about the others, but mine had a satin-finish neck that was incredibly easy to play. I thought it was the next best thing to playing a raw neck.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam:
                    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Sephiroth:
                    I had one for years exactly like that; even in the same color. The pick-ups are excellent and made Dimarzio X2N's to be my #1 favorite.
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Those Ibanez pickups are DiMarzio clones. The X2N doesn't come with silver bars on it. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">True, but they were close enough for me to drop X2N's and be happy with the end results in future guitars.

Comment

I think it looks god awful hideous, but the neck does look like it would be an awesome player.

Comment

One guitarist of the band we share our rehearsal room with has an Ibanez Rhoads as his main axe. He said it suits him better than his Jackson Performer Rhoads, although he also admits the Jackson looks much better.

He now wants to get rid of the Jackson and find another Ibanez Rhoads.
                        http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Looks weird with that cutout....

Comment

Rattlehead,

Just curious here, do you like the Jackson RR? Because, if you do, it seems quite a huge leap to go from the original to a nearly exact copy with relatively minor differences, and suddenly it's "god awful hideous". I mean...it's just a little tiny cutout, and the headstock is different. Does it really change it THAT much in your mind? Not trying to be confrontational, just it seems a ridiculous, but funny, leap hehe.

Stu

Comment

this 2660 looks sweet [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] but black with white/silver bevels would look even better.
                              What's the price for such guitars?

Comment

Working...
                              X