Took the plunge!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Took the plunge!

Acquired my first US Jackson Fusion. Loved the old Pro models but this is in a class of its own. According to the neckplate it's model 001171 made in 1991. The price sticker bears this outbut the trem is stamped Charvel? Hope I didn't end up buying a frakenstein.

Anyhoo think I may have got the US bug....

Re: Took the plunge!

Pics? [img]graemlins/fart.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Yeah, pics!! Congrats. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Congrats dude!! I just got a USA Fusion about 2 weeks ago. I don`t know what year it is, but the Serial # is: 000443. Anyway, it is in very good condition, and wasn`t played much with a Jackson black chainsaw case, I love it and that awsome 24.75 scale [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] I can post pics if someone can do it for me? For what it`s worth, mine has the Jackson branded Schaller Floyd. Jack.

[ November 23, 2003, 02:26 AM: Message edited by: slayer ]

Comment

As requested piccies!

Got the Reflex pickups as well which is a nice bonus. Note the sales sticker says Charvel as well as the trem. Strange eh?

[ November 23, 2003, 06:41 AM: Message edited by: Confessor Townsend ]

Comment

I have never seen this graphic before.
            Congrats!
            [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Definitely a Lightning Sky variant I think but unusual.

Slayer: 000443 was made in 1990 if you can trust the Jackson site to be right with serial numbers.

Comment

That is damn purdy!!!
                Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler:
                  That is damn purdy!!!
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Nicest playing guitar I've ever owned. Reminds why I should have never got rid of my first one.

Comment

Thanks for the info dude!! As for that one there [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] Jesus Chris............ that is awsome!! I love that graphic [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] Mine is great, but is Electric Blue, very booring color, but plays like butter!! The Charvel price sticker is kinda odd, but maybe someone had the neck and added a Charvel body, or someone had the body and added the Jackson neck, but as long as the scale of the neck matches the body, you will be fine. There is nothing wrong with Mutt guitars, GMW does it all of the time, they are sweet!! Jack.

Comment

Funny thing is, is that the sticker shows the correct age for the serial number which is 1991 and the neck to body join line shows that the two have been connected for some time.

Comment

Cool Graphic!
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

That's a very cool graphic!! There seems to be some variations with the lightning graphics once in awhile. I saw a red/yellow/orange lightning sky on a Soloist last year at GC. Not sure if it was Custom Shop or not, but it was sweet. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Thanks for the kind words and the welcome folks!

Checked out jacksoncharvelworld and it looks very much like the US Fusion in the 1990-1991 catalogue (with that fetching picture of Scott Ian). Five way switch with volume/tone and mid-range sweep thingie. Pots feel a bit crunchie...is that serious or nothing that some switch cleaner from Maplins (Brit version of Radio Shack) can cure?

Comment

Working...
                            X