DK-1 neck is awesome!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DK-1 neck is awesome!!!

I just picked up my dk1 again today and I'm really starting to like it better then my neck thru sl2gx. Man that neck is sweet. I've been a neck thru man for years but because of the thin profile of this baby I'm thinking of getting another and maybe selling the sl2gx. How are bolt ons over time are they as reliable as the neck thrus. Its my 1st bolt on but I think its the best playing Jackson out there and I've played most of them except a Kelly and Warrior.Soloists Rhoads and y2kv's anyway and this neck has them all beat ( and loaded with emg's too )

Re: DK-1 neck is awesome!!!

I know its not common, but I like my Jackson Dinky Reverse DR-3 better than my neck-thru soloist.

Comment

Yeah, the DK1 neck rules. Fits me and my style perfectly. I hand't played a Dk1 before my ordered one came in - and I was about to not get it - but once I played it I was floored and had to scrape up the extra cash

The only one I prefer more is the KV2 - that'll be my next Jackson.

Comment

My USA Fusion has the same neck as the DK1, except the Fusion has the 24.75 scale [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Anyway, I have a Soloist and a Fusion and I can`t switch back and forth with no problem, only thing is it takes me a little bit to adjust, but I love both profiles and the tapered bolt on the Fusion plays like a set-neck, I love it [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

Of course being oiled they get all dirty and sweaty the more you play them......'scuse me I need to take a cold shower now! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I try to wash my hands before I play my DK1, for that reason. Sucks when your neck gets all gunky and dirty.

Comment

So does the DK1 have an oiled neck or a raw neck like the Fusion? I kinda like the raw neck. Jack.

Comment

my DK1 has an oiled neck, but its been years since it has been oiled, so it's more of a raw.

I cleaned it up with some steel wool...holy hell does it smoke.

Comment

I own a 1995 Dinky Custom (no, it's not a custom order, Dinky Custom was the name of the 1994/1995 USA production Dinky), which is the predecessor of the DK1. Unfortunately, I never sightet yed a DK1 in stores to compare the necks, but according to the specs sheet in the catalog, the neck of my Dinky Custom seems to be very similar to the DK1: very thin, very flat and very fast and of course oil finished. I like this neck.

Comment

Working...
                  X