Is a RR5 a USA or import?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is a RR5 a USA or import?

It's not so much a slow me down thing as it is a smoothness feel thing. The maple baords are just hearder and fel smoother than say a rosewood board with the looser grain. Ebony feels similar to maple because of its tightness of grain. My fingers do touch the board on occasion when bending. But the board doesnt slow me down but it does feel differant.
    Gil

Comment

NotP: If you fret lightly with the tips of your fingers, the fingerboard wood is practically irrelevant. My fingers stay angled enough that the pad portion is almost always in contact with the fretboard. Different people, different methods.

Comment

I keep forgetting about the RR1T. My main concern about the RR% is the feel of the fretboard since it's an import. Most imports ,no matter what the brand, have a sandpaper feeling fretboard and I'm wondering if the RR5 is an exception to that. By all accounts though it seems to be a great guitar. A poor mans LTD or PCS maybe or is that going a little too far? Lets get some feedback from some owners.

Comment

Working...
        X