Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Looks like Fender has learned from Charvel

Originally posted by mm2002:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by toejam:
    Uggg... guitars without pickguards should not have the input jacks on their bodies! [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Joe dude...if you don't mount the input jack on the body where ya gonna put it???.....on the headstock maybe?.....damn that would be inconvenient. Just curious. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I meant on the top of the bodies. Strats with pickguards have the jack on the top/face of the body and that's a classic design that looks fine. But without the pickguard, the jack should be on the side of the body like most other guitars, IMO. Not that it matters whether there's a pickguard or not, since the jack isn't mounted in the guard anyhow, but it doesn't look as good to me. Maybe I'm just anal. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yeah, that's it! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by toejam:
        Maybe I'm just anal. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I don't care what you get up to in your spare time.
        Hail yesterday

Comment

LOL [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Hmmmmmm........anal.........jack on the face.......damn. Weren't we talking about guitars???? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
            Anal Jack on the Face.....is that just fucking disgusting sounding or what??? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

[img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Comment

damn it!!!! if only i could afford a custom shop guitar.

Comment

GMW will build these for you all day long for about half of what Fender would charge.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckracer:
                    Yup. Those Jake E Lee strats sure are ugly because of that jack on the face! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

That's one of my favorite features about strats. The face mounted jack means you can sit back on a bed and play without having to worry about the jack. I know, get a cord with an angled jack, but that's no fun, and make my meaningless post have even less merit.

OK, going back to sleep now... [img]graemlins/sleep.gif[/img]
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">LOL Not that they're that ugly, but I really never saw the point of having them on the body if there's no pickguard.

Comment

Working...
                    X