What's this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's this?

We took this in trade today, what the heck is it?

web page

Matt
    Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Re: What\'s this?

Isn't that a Kelly Star?

Dave->
    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

It's an import, was an import Kelly Star made? I don't recall ever having one of these here before.

Matt
      Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

That's an import Kelly Star. Pretty much all Kelly Stars are imports. The first one was a custom and the production model was only available in import/bolt-on config. There have been a few other Custom neck-thru's made since the first.

Comment

Hey Matt,
          AS soon as Tekky releases the much-awaited, SuperDuper, new & improved MOAIP, you need to go to school, bro! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Oh yeah, it's either a KS2 or a KSXT. How much did you give for it? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Does it still have the Duncan Design pups?
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

KS2 introduced in 2000 - became the KSXT in 2001

Newc
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

The 2000 KS2 models had flame maple tops, either in trans blue or red and were made in Japan. The 2001 models were made in India and they didn't even get the shape right. That one is a 2001 KSXT from India.

Here are my 2 KS-2's. The red one now has a bound DK-2 neck, much improved:

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Crowe:
                  The red one now has a bound DK-2 neck, much improved
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">oooh, Nice...how about pics of that ?
                  Maybe black or chrome hardware too ?

Comment

Nice axes Greg! That's funny, I just ordered a bound DK2 neck from Kev Easton to go on the Kelly I got from Tekky. I guess I'm not the only one who had that idea!
                    My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Oh yeah... I remember the KSXT! Where's that MOAIP anyway?

Matt [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

The MoAIP is on hold at this moment.

There are a couple of server upgrades that need to happen.
                        Occupy JCF

Comment

Looks like you need quite a few pictures to boot!

I'd help, but all of my Jacksons at the moment are custom guitars.
                          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I still have the old pictures. I was hoping to get a whole fresh set to use with the new MoAIP, so there's still time.

In the interest of getting it unveiled to everyone, I was prepared to host it on my site temporarily, however the antics of a member killed that prospect.
                            Occupy JCF

Comment

What happened? Somebody cause you some trouble with FMIC or Jackson? Or did they just aggravate you so you don't want to do it? It seems a real shame to waste all the hard work you've done just because of one person's antics!
                              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X