Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What should I buy?

[img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Why do people ask this? I've seen several posts that are basically asking this same question. Never once have I needed someone elses help in deciding what I want. If only I could afford everything I wanted. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Seriously, no offense intended to those who have asked, but honestly, wouldn't you be happier with something you chose? Once you get past the quality/playability, it's all about esthetics, and everyone has their preferences.

Just saying is all.
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Re: What should I buy?

There's alot of choices and people just want opinions from other that my own that model. I new I new I wanted a SL2H. But I think alot of people by asking these questions are just researching before they spend there hard earned cash.

Been waiting since april for my SL2H and it'll be here Monday....finally.

Comment

Well, I'm going to ask for help deciding when I place my custom order... I honestly can't decide between these:

XTRR Blood Drip one EMG 85, Volume, no tone, red binding, red bloody logo, ebony no inlays (or red, or blood drip inlays over the whole board)...

or

I just keep on going back and fourth.
      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I think it's wise to ask about others opinions before buying a guitar.

I do however, think it's kinda lame when some one wants approval for a guitar they already bought.

"Hey, I bought an XXX.. do you guys think I made a good choice?.."

If you need a stranger's opinion on a guitar AFTER you bought it, maybe you should re-examine WHY you play guitar in the first place.. [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

Oh, and xenophobe.. that Warrior Rocks! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Xeno - Get the Warrior. You know it's your favorite pic [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
          And it balances better than a V, and sits more comfortably than a V, and has more surface area than a V (better for the graphic) and the cost of blood inlays all over the neck is equal to two of those Warriors [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

listen to Newc. He makes a convincing argument. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Besides, how long have you pined after that guitar now? You owe it to yourself to get it
            Hail yesterday

Comment

Hey, xeno, better act fast, I've got the second one ever made like that in the works, only with 3X3 headstock. Chuk is going for number three, that would put you at number four. By then yours will be boring after we flaunt ours!!! [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
              "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
              Gotta get away from here.
              Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
              Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Ha ha! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Warriors Rock!
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

that warrior gives me a funny feeling in my pants every time I see it [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750:
                    Hey, xeno, better act fast, I've got the second one ever made like that in the works, only with 3X3 headstock. Chuk is going for number three, that would put you at number four. By then yours will be boring after we flaunt ours!!! [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Copycats!!! [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

I don't care about flaunting it... I think I'll just secretly worship mine when I get her.

Of course mine will be different than the rest of yours...hehe
                    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Perhaps it's the wording people use. I see nothing wrong with this:

"I'm getting a new guitar and I'm looking at guitar A and guitar B, and possibly guitar C. What are your opinions on these?"

However some people ask:

"I'm going to buy a new guitar. What should I get?"

Comment

Xeno, while that warrior's cool, I like your XTRR ideas better. Sounds killer, and I'd go with that instead. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

And, although I've never done it before, I might need to solicit opinions on my next custom order. I've just got too many damn ideas floating around in my head. Need to narrow down the options. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ...But I'm waiting to see what's released at NAMM first, though. [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] WARRIOR [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                          X