Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wanted: 22 Fret, neck-through USA Soloist. Does it exist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted: 22 Fret, neck-through USA Soloist. Does it exist?

Hi all,

I want a 22 fret, ebony-fretboard, neck-through USA Jackson Soloist (or a Charvel) with a Floyd Rose. Was that guitar ever made? If I have to go the Custom Shop route, I will get it with one slanted humbucker, a la EVH, and an archtop, along with the "speed neck," but I would like to avoid spending the big $ to go for a Custom Shop guitar if I can. Jackson came really close to offering this guitar with the SLATQ, but it lacks a Floyd Rose. They also came close with the short-lived SL4 (I have 2 of them), but they don't have ebony fretboards, and aren't Made in USA (I still love 'em, though).

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Re: Wanted: 22 Fret, neck-through USA Soloist. Does it exist?

Yuo know what, I want the same thing, except with the 24.75 scale, and I will deffinately have to go Custom Shop when that special day arrives!! I will get 22 frets instead of 24 because of the spacing of the frets, and that I really don`t nead 24 [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

Well, if you're lucky, you can find an 83 or early 84 soloist... the first ones only had 22 frets and pop up on ebay once in a while. Keep your eyes open...
      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

yogadork has one and its the first Soloist in the gallery. I would love to have that guitar!

Comment

I'd like to see that. Can you post a link to it? (I can't seem to find it). Thanks!

Comment

Here it is! What a cool guitar!

Comment

Hey, it's great to hear that I'm not alone! A 24.75" scale would be cool, too, since I guess it would make the guitar more compact and allow easier fret reaches. I think it could handle slack tunings okay, too (well, at least Eb or drop-D, which is about as far as I go), since Zakk Wylde uses that scale on his Les Pauls. I hope it wouldn't make the highest fret spaces too small?

Comment

Were those early 22 fret neck throughs actually logged as "Soloists?" Plus, the neck joint on those is not what it appears to be today, Chris, can you post a pic of the neck heel?
                "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                Gotta get away from here.
                Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

I've recently joined the forum and found this thread. I bought second hand a 1998 soloist made in USA.It has Seymore Duncan humbuckers HH and 22 frets. It does not have sharks fin inlays but dots. It is in " metallic " ( sparkly) black and has chrome hardware and a chrome Floyd Rose trem. I've no idea about it's history but would love to know more about it's provenance. Some one once hinted that it was a special order and the were only 12 built, but I cannot find any references to this, whether true or not. Can anyone help, please

Comment

Working...
                  X