X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star and Death Angel question

hi
    i wanted 2 ask because i was curious :

where those shapes ever in normal production ? or only custom shop ?

i've seen a pic of a star with normal pointed headstock , ebony fb , binding , floyd , black hardware and i think ( i don't know those graphic paints ) eerie dess swirl

what could it be ?

why isn't the star in production ? was it exchanged for that ugly warrior ?

Re: Star and Death Angel question

I think the kelly star was in production.

Comment

Never a "production" model. Back in the 80's, nothing was "production" model, all made to order customs. From 81-85, the bolt-on San Dimas Charvel Star was a fairly common model. Since then, Stars have been rare and total customs. There are a few neck-thru Custom Jackson Stars floating around.

It still blows my mind that Jackson brought the neck-thru Warrior back as a USA Select production model and not the Star.

Comment

It still blows my mind that Jackson brought the neck-thru Warrior back as a USA Select production model and not the Star. - yup [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

i wish that jackson will make star / death angel
        us selects / and better imports ( neck thru at least - ebony would be also nice [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] )

Comment

hmm i've played a japanese kelly star but i need info about the standard Star - not pointy - this which looks like a dean ml crossed with Rhoads V but without sharp ends

Comment

When you look at the fact that the Warrior was indeed a Production guitar and the Star never was, it's not so difficult to see why it was brought back while the Star continues to remain a Custom only instrument.
            "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
            Gotta get away from here.
            Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
            Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

I think in a prior thread McD hinted that the star body would make a return next year. Likely as a Charvel, I'm guessing. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I'll take the Warrior over the Star any day! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                Better balance than the Star, and no Fender head! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon:
                  I think in a prior thread McD hinted that the star body would make a return next year. Likely as a Charvel, I'm guessing. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Oh, please let it be true!!! [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Greg: I am with you there, bro... the Star is way cooler than the Warrior IMO as well. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                  X