call to arms post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• call to arms post

I didn't want to reply in the post and anger you guys, so I was just curious, since you mentioned "hurting your chances of getting a number" how you get a number? I'm not trying to steal your guitars, or take anyone's place or get a number, it's just a general question, so thanks.

Cheers,
    Nick

Re: call to arms post

hey nick, i think it's in this thread somewhere, but when we know how many numbers are available, we'll letcha know about the next steps.

sully
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

As soon as the original people either opt in or out, the remaining free slots will be given on a first come first serve basis, but will be subject to approval. Just hang tight, it'll be announced when the slots are open. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

The names on the list are the guys on the original list from several years ago when we were trying to do this. They are just trying to find out how many of the original people are still interested. If they do it like before they will find out how many places are still avalable and offer them to the membership. I have no inside info so this is just my guess. The admin. have always run this very fairly. Hang in there and I'm sure they will release more info soon.
        Dana [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

cool beans ide love to be in on that & future JCF guitars...fingers crossed.

Comment

do you have to pay?

Cheers,
            Nick

Comment

....do you have to pay for what? the guitar? yes.

sully
              Sully Guitars on Google+
              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I think he means paying for a "slot/JCF#" for the guitar. But I could be wrong [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Dave->
                Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

I think a big concern is the whole resale thing and it should be. Selling will only ruin the whole concept of these guitars. That they're even being made is incredible so they shouldn't be purchased with any intent other than to possess part of the spirit of the board and of course, in this case, Robbin. How did this whole JCF series get started? I own a lot of guitars and of every one I've purchased or recieved as gifts, only 3 are not in my possession anymore and I regret not owning them anymore. Get attached to your guitars or at least the ones that have some special something about them. Hell, I freakin' name some of my main axes....IS that weird???
                  Tom

Comment

WOW! What an awesome surprise! I'm a huge Robbin fan and Big Red is/was my first love as far as Jacksons go.

I'd throw myself down a flight of stairs if I could be considered for a slot if any are open. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

One good fish...

Comment

Originally posted by budman68:
                      I think he means paying for a "slot/JCF#" for the guitar. But I could be wrong [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Dave->
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">oh! no....there's no entry fee.

sully
                      Sully Guitars on Google+
                      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

You don't have to pay to get in on the buyer's list - when the first JCF YCE was done, it was an open thread and everyone had a chance at it, provided they had the money to buy a USA Select (that was the general pricing range we were given, and they ran at the time from $1200-$2000 depending on model, specs, etc). Those who got in at #1 would stay in as long as they could or wanted to (as long as they can pay it off on time and make the deposit on time).
                        But no one had to buy a 'membership package' or anything like that.

As for how the series started; there was a pic at Jacksonmuseum.com of a Rhoads that was at the January 83 NAMM, and it was 'accidentally' (according to official reports) sold at the show. There was a black one and a white one. The black one went to a dealer in Germany.
                        Anyhoo, with the 20th Anniversary of Jackson AND Rhoads' death approaching, someone (can't recall exactly who exactly) suggested doing a JCF Yearly Collector's Edition. Since Rhoads started the ball rolling on Jackson, it was only fitting that the first should be a Rhoads. The NAMM guitar was chosen because at the time it was thought to be 'the guitar Randy never got to see' because it was started (on paper at least) just prior to Randy's death, but the guitar itself sat in the wood pile as uncut/unshaped wood for about half of 1982 after he died, then later they built the guitar.

I think that's the way it went, anyway, but I'm old and senile [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc:
                          when the first JCF YCE was done, it was an open thread and everyone had a chance at it, provided they had the money to buy a USA Select (that was the general pricing range we were given, and they ran at the time from $1200-$2000 depending on model, specs, etc). Those who got in at #1 would stay in as long as they could or wanted to (as long as they can pay it off on time and make the deposit on time).
                          But no one had to buy a 'membership package' or anything like that.

Newc
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">So if 145 people could have afforded(or wanted to) there would be 145 of those first JCF Rhoads? Or was there a certain number that were going to be made and it was first come first serve?

Dave->
                          Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Oops. Yes, I should have clarified that there were only 25 slots, but that every JCF'er had the chance to put their name on the list. I was one of the last to get in. The list sat there for about 8 hours with like 3 or 4 spaces left (some people said they didn't want it if they couldn't get within the first 10 or 12, others wanted their "lucky number") and I said 'what the heck, I'm in" [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Newc
                            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

nah, the original plan was to keep it a limited series of 25, which we added to 30 for this run.

sully
                              Sully Guitars on Google+
                              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                              X