call to arms post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: call to arms post

This board has been here a year... Greg Mauro's 1st post...

"I'm in"

oooookaaay....

And WTF happened to the multi page thread? Did it get deleted? [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I don't want to step on anyones toes but may I ask what the next move is on the JCF-02 since the "call to arms" dated thread is over? Please don't be mad at me admins, I just can't stand the suspense [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Dave->
      Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

as soon as we know exactly how many numbers are available, we'll want to know who wants one... that communication should be happening today or tomorrow, i'm guessing.

sully
        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
        Sully Guitars on Facebook
        Sully Guitars on Google+
        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Step 1) Set up JCF-02 specs,pricing etc
          Step 2) Roll Call orginal JCF-02 buyers
          Step 3) Announce buyers pricing etc to make sure buyers are locked in
          step 4) Find permanent open numbers and members to fill them
          Setp 5) Find Temporary open numbers of members who pass for 1 year and find members to fill them ...

An announcment will be made over the next several days on who is interested and such. While no one like the idea that politics play a role in anything to some degree it WILL have to play a role here. Guarantees that whoever gets in HAS the cash to buy .. not dream.. Older more active members take priority over newer members .. it's only fair .. There are people on this board who are here everyday and make this board a great place .. those people imo have earned the right to be involved if they choose ... The reason I'm mentioning this is simply that it will and has caused people to get pissed off ...

[ December 02, 2003, 09:02 AM: Message edited by: jsullysix ]
          Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Thanks for letting me know!

Dave->
            Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe:
              This board has been here a year... Greg Mauro's 1st post...

"I'm in"

oooookaaay....

And WTF happened to the multi page thread? Did it get deleted? [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">This is exactly the way to NOT get in. Guys, there will be quite a few open slots. Don't worry, don't whine, don't piss the admins off. There are quite a few open spaces. If you want in, go gather up your $'s and wait. You WILL have the opportunity. I doubt there at that many people on the board not on the buyers list that:

1. Have approx. $1K lying around to throw at a guitar out of the blue at Christmas time.

and

2. Want in.

In my honest opinion, it may take several weeks to actually fill all 30 spots. If you want in and have the money, you'll get in.

Comment

Admins I did not want to post under the open slots heading. While I would like an assigned number for future projects I do not want to participate in this particular JCF project. While it looks to be a great guitar and a very well deserved memorial to Robin, I prefer strat body guitars. If that means having to wait another year and trying to get a number next year thats fair. I believe it should be first come first serve.

Brian

Comment

I know how difficult this JCF series has been to set-up and re-set-up and all the difficulty involved with the administration of the series, i.e. deciding on the guitar details, getting the specs, etc. worked out with the dealer and Jackson, selecting the people, etc., so I know the suggestion I'm about to make is going to seem easier said than done, but.....

What I think would be cool would be for there to be two JCF series. The first series - the Yearly Collector's Edition - that focuses on guitars like it has been - tribute models and the like.

And my suggestion (based on my personal preferences, of course) for a second series would be something like a Classic Series - strat-shaped guitars in the vein of the Bullseye reissue that aren't necessarily associated with a particular player like the YCE has been (and knowing the general desire for Floyds around here, they wouldn't even necessarily be accurate reproductions of classic Charvels or Jacksons).

Of course, that would be adding a bunch of work, not to mention that it might be hard to continue to come up with tribute guitars a few years down the line (I mean, after Robbin and Randy, I already don't know where you go for a distinctive guitar associated with a particular player that would be attractive to 25-30 JCF buyers). Not to mention that it might be difficult to sell out 50 to 60 guitars per year, as I'm sure it's hard enough to get 30 solidly sold.

So, it's a suggestion that's not necessarily a feasible one.... more like daydreaming in public.

Comment

Working...
                  X