James Hetfield King V J0707

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James Hetfield King V J0707

With the JCF02 guitar coming out and being a historic recreation of an artist's Jackson I came up with the idea of doing a minimum 10 run custom order of the White King V James Hetfield had with tune o matic bridge and EMG pickups as well as a 22 fret neck in white finish with matching white headstock and black logo. I also believe this was a double rhoads shape. I started this thread to see if anyone would be in on this custom order of at least 10 so we can get a discount from the custom shop. I would definatley be in on purchasing one maybe two if I really had too. Some of you may know that I am a big Metallica fan and my huge guitar collection is based around Metallica. I will find a pic of this King V and post it shortly. I was just seeing if I can get a feel for the demand if there is one to maybe get something started. By the way I have been a member of this board for a while now but havent really done a formal introduction so here it is. By the way click on this link for a pic of part of my guitar collection. http://home.comcast.net/~mrdjen/guitars_050.jpg
    I will also post a pic of my Jacksons shortly. Thanks in advance for any feedback or replies.

Re: James Hetfield King V J0707

Here is a link to the pic of the King V I am talking about.
    http://www.freewebs.com/montyjay/kingv.html

Comment

That's a pretty cool collection, i've always liked the ouiji board ESP's. The idea of a King V with a tune o matic bridge is something that alot of people on here would like to see.
      93 USA Soloist EDS
      USA HT6 Juggernaut
      Charvel DK24FR

Comment

Yeah, I like that King V and I really like the Bon Jovi sticker.

Nice collection!

Comment

I prefer the Tunamatic with the Stopbar than with the string-thru design, but the string-thru design is hot everywhere right now. Jack.

Comment

Holy crap, nice collection! I used to looooong for that Kerry King V when Seasons came out. I even sent my $3.00 to ESP for a catalog to inquire about it. Well, that dream was killed when I received the brochure with the prices...way too much moola for my high school budget! I ended up ordering a strat-shaped Carvin for a lot less which, as I later found out, was very similar to a Charvel Model 5.
            "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Originally posted by MetalMedal II:
              Holy crap, nice collection! I used to looooong for that Kerry King V when Seasons came out.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I would still give my left nut for one of those!! [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
              Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

I almost bought a Kerry King V custom in high school when I saw it in the Musicians Fiend catalog in 95 but I got an Alembic Europa 5 string instead. Anyways it took me 7 years to find the one you see pictured. I came across another in near mint condition about three months ago for 1600 dollars but the deal fell through because of a communication problem, the damned hotmail spam filter so I lost out on a second one. Anyways anyone in on this Jackson King V custom order.

Comment

Originally posted by AK47:
                  I almost bought a Kerry King V custom in high school when I saw it in the Musicians Fiend catalog in 95 but I got an Alembic Europa 5 string instead. Anyways it took me 7 years to find the one you see pictured. I came across another in near mint condition about three months ago for 1600 dollars but the deal fell through because of a communication problem, the damned hotmail spam filter so I lost out on a second one. Anyways anyone in on this Jackson King V custom order.
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I have decided that since I can't find an ESP KKV, I will be ordering a Jackson Custom shop with the same finish. Do you happen to have a better picture of yours? I might need it to get a proper quote.

e-mail me at [email protected]
                  Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

WOW awesome ESP collection dude!! At first I was thinking those were James Hetfield's guitars!! Can't wait to see your Jacksons. Which are your favorites out of your collection? [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

To get back on topic, I'm somewhat doubting that a Hetfield Jackson model would stir up much interest.

Firstly, James is synonomous with white Gibby V's (the early years) or Gibby/ESP Explorers. He made history with those...while he only used the King-V for...the puppets tour? The guitar just isn't part of his profile. To him it was probably just a stage-beater he used for a while, to take some workload off his Gibbys. If he had used the Jackson more frequently, people probably would've gone nuts over the prospect.

A limited edition reissue of his Flying V or Explorer on the other hand, would probably sell 100 units in the first 2 minutes. I sure would sign up for one...if I was rich. =) But the King V? Nah...it just isn't him.

I think it's somewhat more likely that the JCF'ers would like a reissue of Kirk's black RR1T, because he has used it since way back and still does on occation.

And I see it much more likely that they'd like next model to be either a Jake E Lee Charvel or a Chris Holmes Star. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Just my personal opinion mate. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

'bane

Comment

Actually, I'd rather see an Alexi Laiho one hum 24 fret rear loaded Rhoads.
                        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe:
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Me too. God me too. I'de be in on that.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe:
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">A replica of Alexi's "Wildchild" Rhoads would indeed rock. Alexi has profilated himself playing that guitar - and the guitar itself is somewhat legendary already, since it was stolen and yet has to resurface.

'bane

Comment

Nice Kerry V [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img] But can you play Piece by Piece like you f'kn mean it [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img] (Just busten' -and seriously, very nice collection)
                              "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Working...
                              X