Jackson Marshall-shaped Guitar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Marshall-shaped Guitar?

Being the huge Spinal Tap fan that i am, I was stoked to stumble across a cheap used VHS of "The Return of Spinal Tap" in my local video store. Since the DVD costs like 28 bucks, I snatched it up. I figured it would be more Spinal Tap wackiness.

Unfortunately, it's just some concert they had back in the early 90s or something. Definitely not worth picking up, if you were thinking of it.

Anyway... on to the point of my post. Nigel Tufnel (Christopher Guest) is always changing guitars thru the show. One of the guitars he strapped on was shaped like a marshall half stack. He even attached a lower "cab" that ultimately made it look like a full stack. It definitely was a Jackson. Anybody ever seen one of these before? I'm guessing it was custom shop something...or maybe a Marshall promo? Just wonderin.

Re: Jackson Marshall-shaped Guitar?

They made 3 of them.
    Guitar world gave 1 away in 92.
    The extension cabinet actually worked.
    See the april 1992 edition of guitar world for the whole story.

Comment

Pretty sure there have been threads about it here on JCF also! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

If I remember correctly, the bottom "cabinet" was also detatchable...
        Occupy JCF

Comment

Bam!

http://spinaltapfan.com/articles/guitarworld3.html
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

There were three of them made. Christopher Guest (Nigel) has the first one, number two is owned by Mike Doyle and the third was a Guitar World giveaway.
            The original plan was to have them loaded with the guts from the micro-stacks, but in the end they didn't bother.
            All three came in an extra deep case that also housed the detachable bottom cab.

Comment

You can't look at this picture.
              Occupy JCF

Comment

Thanks for the info. Pretty funny stuff. The last quote of the article is the best -- vintage Nigel Tufnel:

What does the added extension cab (on the guitar) do?

"What any extension cabinet does," shrugs Nigel. "It makes it harder to pick up."

Gotta love the Tap.

Comment

Working...
                X