• jcf 02 questions thread

fire away...

sully
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Re: jcf 02 questions thread

Can I get in blue with a maple/maple neck? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
    www.kiddhavok.com
    www.youtube.com/kiddhavokband

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

no.

next question... you, in the mullet!
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

How do you choose what guitar/guitarist gets a JCF tribute to? Just a well-known Jackson player who helped to push Jackson's fame?

Comment

yeah, kinda.... not necessarily an artist collection, but we're trying to go historical jacksons/charvels vs custom shop wet dreams. certain things can't be done like an evh (phew), but there's some killer guitars out there like warren's blood drip, french, or swords, any of jake's, brian jay's twilight zone charvel, marc ferrari's camo, lynch's original bengal, alan holdsworth's.... holdsworth [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] vinnie vincent's v, etc...

nest question... you in the hamm's beer shirt, is it?

sully
          Sully Guitars on Google+
          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I am not trying to be an asshole, these are legitement questions:

-Does the bringing back of the JCF series have any impact on current JCF-01 owners' ability to sell or trade JCF-01?

-Will there be any efforts to do 2 series in one year so that the series identification number matches up to the current year; or is the year designation null and void? And will all of the guitars crash and burn when you hit JCF-100 (similar to the Millenium bug)?

Comment

great questions...

dunno how jcf 01 is affected, since the series died between then and now... can i get back to you on it? now that the series is back on, i would say that original rules apply. however, this isn't anything that we've discussed yet.

as far as making 2 this year to catch it up, while i'd like to, i think that we're moving away from the yearly connotation to the serial numbers.

next question... yes, you there in the back, next to the blow up doll?
              Sully Guitars on Google+
              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Since I'm with the doll can I get 2 spots,One for her and 1 for her wet spot? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                www.kiddhavok.com
                www.youtube.com/kiddhavokband

Comment

Before the guy next to the blow-up doll asks his question, I'd like to mention that with the JCF-02 we're really looking into the feasability of keeping this a yearly project. At this moment, JCF-03 is a dream, while we'd like to do it, we really want to see how 02 comes out and what we can learn about the process as a whole. So we can't really answer any questions about 03 as of yet...
                  Occupy JCF

Comment

A simple thing I didn't quite understand,
                    If I apply(I already did) for a JCF02 slot and if I get the slot,does that mean I also have the slot for JCF03 or I only have a slot to get a JCF02?

The reason I ask this is I want to be part of this JCFseries, not only for the JCF02 model.

I would want to have the JCF02,JCF03 and so on.
                    Not just the JCF02.

Please let me know what the deal is.I am sure many of newer members who never had chance to get on the original list would want to know this.

Comment

we're taking names to fill permanent slots only at this time.... the temporarily available numbers will be announced later.

next question comes from the woman in the...well, i hope that's a hat.
                      Sully Guitars on Google+
                      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

PERFECT!
                        Thanks for clearing up!
                        [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Whats the average wing velocity of a swallowtail? No... seriously.. can you give me an idea of what the approximate cost of a Big Red might be. I would like to put my name in as a possible candidate but I might not be able to afford it.
                          Great choice BTW!!! I don't think that Robbin would have given a rats ass if he was still around but it still is a great tribute to a diehard Jackson player who helped put the Jackson name in the mainstream of metal.

Comment

Well, since I had asked the first question in the other thread that might’ve lead to its destruction, I guess it'd be appropriate to bring it up again… [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] j/k

Seriously, what's the logic behind allowing current JCF slotholders to pass on this year's guitar, but not prospective "new" slotholders? I'm not trying to be a nudge, but would seriously like to understand the reasoning.

As far as I can reason, it doesn’t seem particularly fair to treat old & new slotholders differently, nor does it necessarily help the series’ goals much, either. Here’s why…

I'm guessing the logic goes something to the effect of it evidences the fact that prospective new slotholders are serious and committed enough to the series, and have the financial resources and stability to help ensure that it continues on an ongoing basis. If so, please let us know and understand that. And I'm 100% supportive of those goals. But I would humbly ask the admins and others involved in the series to consider the following...

The current slotholders have provided that commitment and financial “wherewithal”, if you will, for only one prior guitar. The difference between one year's participation and a new slotholder is pretty marginal, don’t you think? Now, if there were a multi-year history already, I would certainly agree that's a significantly different situation. But that’s not the case yet.

And as I said, goal #1 with the JCF series should be doing everything reasonably possible to safeguard it on a continuing basis. Particularly given that it had already fell through once before. (…Not trying to open up old wounds there, guys. Just stating that, given the history, it’s an even more important consideration than it might otherwise be.)

All that said, I would suggest that, in terms of selecting new slotholders, wouldn’t it make more sense to select new participants who are longtime good-standing members, who will be committed to the series on an ongoing basis, have good financial resources and stability, but (just like some current slotholders) might wish to opt out of the current year’s axe? If I were already in the series, I would be more inclined to want someone like that picked to come in, rather than, say, Johnny-come-lately who doesn’t necessarily have an established, good history on the Forum and/or have a history of good resources for guitar purchases, in general. (Others wanting in: don’t get offended. I’m not referring to anyone in particular, just generally on what might be a better selection criteria.)

Sure, I’m making these points to help make my own case. But – in all seriousness – I’m also making them as a case to of what I think better helps the goals of the series’ itself. And, I’ll be completely forthcoming why I’m making this case now. It’s way too early to speculate how many slots – if any – might come open on JCF 03. If there even is a JCF 03, that is. But, if I were a betting man and assuming JCF 02 is a success… The current number of open slots is likely to be waaaayyy more than there will be next year. Hence, I’d prefer to try and get in now and pass on this year’s guitar, than wait for what I would guess will be – by the numbers – lower chances next year.

If you guys consider this and still think the current approach is in the series’ best interest, I’m cool with that. Like I said, whatever’s best for the series. But just think about it. And help us understand the reasoning better.

Thanks.

Comment

P.S.- Sorry for the long-ass-winded post. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X