jcf 02 questions thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: jcf 02 questions thread

These are sort of like the other limited edition guitars like the SL2Hs for GuitarXPress, right? Sort of the same idea where there are a limited number made and they are priced sort of similarly to USA Select Series Jacksons, perhaps?

Comment

[img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

They.should.fall.somewhere.within.the.range.of.cur rent.USA Select.pricing.

[img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

I feel like a myna bird [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

The only items keeping me from going for one is not knowing the deposit price and final price. I also understand why the prices must be kept confidential. This is just a case of "If you have to ask, you can't afford it".

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon:
          </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by TEKKY:
          Shreddermon what good will it do us if we get people to fill all of the slots who passed on this year?
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Admittedly, none. I had already conceeded that. Again, though... "You're making an assumption that you will get enough good / stable new candidates to fill all of the open slots."

Guys, seriously. I'm not trying to be a bad guy, but you sure seem to be painting me like that. I am trying to present a helpful alternative if, by chance, things don't turn out like you originally hope.

Please try and keep an open mind. Both about what I'm suggesting AND how you're misconstruing my intentions. That's led the tone of this discussion to a place nowhere near what I had intended. Maybe even hurting the effort at this point. So, for real this time, I'm shutting up for the good of the series. ...Geesh, sorry I even brought it up again. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
          </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Let's get 02 signed, sealed, and delivered before we start thinking about 03 please.
          Occupy JCF

Comment

Newcy wanna cracker? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

It's cool guys. No hard feelings. Sorry for the trouble. That wasn't intended.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc:
              They.should.fall.somewhere.within.the.range.of.cur rent.USA Select.pricing.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">So what are you trying to say?

Comment

He is saying we can't reveal price ... and even he doesn't know at this point... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Shine:
                  The only items keeping me from going for one is not knowing the deposit price and final price. I also understand why the prices must be kept confidential. This is just a case of "If you have to ask, you can't afford it".
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Not true. I thought 01 was going to be $1800 at least (since at the time the same guitar run through the Custom Shop quote generator was over $2000, approximating the extra cost for the custom neck profile, special period-correct bridge which was not readily available, non-logoed Duncans, etc) but it was way less.
                  I won't and cannot say (because I don't know) that 02 will be as cheap as 01, but I'm certain that it's less than $2000. I won't speculate on the price any further - don't want to make a 'lucky guess' [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I'd say take a chance if you know you can scrounge $1800 - that's close enough to max price to be safe. I do recall one of the main points of the series even being done was if we could get them for less than ordering Custom ourselves, so that should help narrow it down.

Newc
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

You have to remember that Customs have gone up sustantially and any order that deviates from a select order is a custom ...
                    Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Think of it this way, you take a USA Select KV-2 and start adding custom shop options like binding over frets, 3 piece neck(no scarf joint), custom body shape, etc..... and you're going to get pretty darn close to what this is going to cost. I don't have a clue what kind of deal we're getting but I doubt it will be as sweet as what I managed to work out on JCF01. I'm expecting it to be significantly higher, maybe 30-40% higher.

[ December 02, 2003, 05:20 PM: Message edited by: Greg Crowe ]

Comment

I have a question, do you guys have a specific date and time (like you did with the call to arms) when we will know who made it into the next "round" of buyers?

Thanks,
                        Dave->
                        Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Sully and I hadn't finish dicsussing how long we would keep the thread open ..

Comment

Ok, thanks.......now quit typing nutnoose jokes and go discuss!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Dave->
                            Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Hey Newc. How much did you say it was going to cost?

J/K [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Hey Sully. What is the deal for the cases. Same as 01?

Comment

yes, there will be a g&g case.

next question! you there, in the banana suit....
                                Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                                Sully Guitars on Facebook
                                Sully Guitars on Google+
                                Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                                X