jcf 02 questions thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: jcf 02 questions thread

...actually it's canary yellow, but close enough! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    What are/will be the specs for this cool axe?
    Greg alluded to a couple above: 3 piece no-scarfjoint neck, binding over the frets, and it was mentioned it'd be a non-recessed Floyd (saweet, BTW!).
    But what about: size/type of frets, type of pickups, control layout (tone/vol config), and neck profile to start? I honestly don't know any of these details on the original red beast!
    "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Hey Admins. Can I help out putting the loose ends if any of this project together? If so, email me or PM. Thanks!

Comment

neck: 3pc no scarf joint
        maple neck, ebony board, sharks, binding over jumbo frets.

body wings should be poplar, no veneer on the body
        knobs are vol vol tone, 3 way switch

floyd is non recessed
        pickups are duncan distortion/jazz
        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
        Sully Guitars on Facebook
        Sully Guitars on Google+
        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Didn't Robbin use Duncun Holdsworth pickups????
          I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] no, he had a duncAn holdsworth in big red (at least he told me so), but it was later swapped out to distortion, according to its owner.

sully
            Sully Guitars on Google+
            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Ron's gonna kick your ass for taking his job [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Do you know at what point he swapped to the distortion?????
              I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Originally posted by KMaynard:
                </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> Great choice BTW!!! I don't think that Robbin would have given a rats ass if he was still around but it still is a great tribute to a diehard Jackson player who helped put the Jackson name in the mainstream of metal.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Robbin was originally involved in this project and he signed the backplates for his fans. This was something that from what I understand was important to him ... </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Explain how he was involved with this project. It sounds like a really interesting story.

Comment

lol, sorry drs, i had to. but no, we don't know when he switched to the distortion.

curt (hellraiser6502 here, and my partner in www.robbincrosby.net) posted this on the forum there, this may shed some light on your question jgcable:

http://pub7.ezboard.com/ftherobbincr...picID=46.topic

our next question comes from the ambassador to burundi....your question sir?
                  Sully Guitars on Google+
                  Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                  X